World Cup VAR

You don't really believe that do you ? Someone had has a word in his ear, not that this is new, its been happening for a while now in the PL.

Just watching the rugby version of VAR, it works, and it works because everyone is aware of what is happening, nothing is hidden from view, not the players, not the paying public, not the commentators or pundits. It has to go that way to work successfully, and there be to be no suspicions that decisions are being made in favour of certain teams/bodies.

Its had some good and some bad in the last few days, the ref that changed his mind yesterday being the best, because it was a shit decision first time. One thing it is highlighting, is how some of these decision are very tight, even with help.

The ref in the Germany game tonight, clearly didn't want help, its the second game he's done, and the second time he's not given something he should have reviewed.
"Alty" Anthony Taylor in the City v Chelsea match springs readily to mind. In that instance, however, it was NOT to send off Luiz, even though he had his whistle to his mouth and his hand going for the red card. Just "game management" I suppose.

Aspects of VAR I like:

Correcting obvious cheating. Overturning that pen for Neymar's swan dive was brilliant
Seem to be getting more correct penalty decisions

Aspects I don't like

Refs bottling decisions now
Why aren't they reviewing holding in the box. Seems to have got much worse
Players and coach now dispute everything. I can see teams like Utd getting more decisions because their protests carry more weight

Overall: Think it should only be used for black and white decisions such as offsides, in or outside the box etc. The other decisions where judgement is an issue are often not clear cut so might as well just go with refs gut instinct anyway. Maybe introduce gradually into the game

it was confirmed to be the case
Lmfao. BINGO. Yeah right.... by who? I heard it on the commentary as well. The fact they had to make a comment shows how dodgy it was. The fact you believe the 'official' lame justification shows that VAR will work to manipulate the gulable masses of which you and others on here obviously belong to.

The whole point of VAR is that it should correct incorrect decisions to eliminate inconsistencies.

However there are still way too many inconsistencies.

Some clear and obvious errors are not being referred, whilst some errors that are neither clear or obvious, are.

Lmfao. BINGO. Yeah right.... by who? I heard it on the commentary as well. The fact they had to make a comment shows how dodgy it was. The fact you believe the 'official' lame justification shows that VAR will work to manipulate the gulable masses of which you and others on here obviously belong to.

You are aware that commentators hold opinion just like everyone else?

Should we take everything they say as clear and concise? Do you nod your head vigorously to everything Lawrenson says?

If the commentators sound confused, it's because they don't know what the current VAR system is supposed to be doing, especially if the ref plays their own game of 'listen/ don't listen' to what the advice is.

The reason why you can't use rugby VAR interpretations in football is because the players are not disciplined to respect the ref.

The ref then feels under pressure and some want that control back, which is what we're seeing at times.

The system needs a combination of things to make it work, which has already been vaunted MA-NY times now.

The reason why you can't use rugby VAR interpretations in football is because the players are not disciplined to respect the ref.
That is easily resolved by use of cards, do it for every offence for the first 5 games of the seasons, and they'll soon learn discipline. The South Korean skipper could have about 8 yellow cards alone yesterday for instance, once they start doing it, they won't be in the referees face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.