Back up keeper?

It's not personal,i just don't really rate him
Try as we might to support everyone, in a blue shirt, in every game, we all have our own negative blind spot towards a certain player(s)

For the record, It was poor old Kenny Clements, that always used to cop it big style, for no apparent reason whatsoever, from me, back in the day.

Last edited:
I'd love Bravo to improve to the extent we could rely on him. I really don't know what's gone wrong.

If it helps Karen's argument be objective the article I read regarding football analytics stated that replacing Bravo with Ederson was the single best move a club has made since data became available that enabled you to see the effect on the team of one individual. It wasn't that Ederson was amazing (he is good though) it was that Bravo was staggeringly bad failing to save shots that statistically he should have saved.

I'd love Bravo to improve to the extent we could rely on him. I really don't know what's gone wrong.

If it helps Karen's argument be objective the article I read regarding football analytics stated that replacing Bravo with Ederson was the single best move a club has made since data became available that enabled you to see the effect on the team of one individual. It wasn't that Ederson was amazing (he is good though) it was that Bravo was staggeringly bad failing to save shots that statistically he should have saved.
Do you know what the funny thing is? We could have replaced either with a piece of paper in every home league game and still won the league. There's analytics for you.

Muric off to Breda.Will be No 2 I hope when he comes back.

Do you know what the funny thing is? We could have replaced either with a piece of paper in every home league game and still won the league. There's analytics for you.

Yeah I saw that. Funny fact though slightly out of context as it was just concentrating on shots on goal rather than all the other touches and influence on a game a keeper has. Wouldn't actually want to leave the net empty.

Yeah I saw that. Funny fact though slightly out of context as it was just concentrating on shots on goal rather than all the other touches and influence on a game a keeper has. Wouldn't actually want to leave the net empty.
Yeah well, Bravo's passing was never the problem, neither was him fielding high balls, it was the dickheads who went against him from day one that ruined his confidence. Imagine sarcastically clapping your own keeper for catching the ball. Same goes on with Txiki. Bad Bravo made Hart go away and Bad Txiki made Mancini go away. Both have had people set on them since day 1.

Yeah well, Bravo's passing was never the problem, neither was him fielding high balls, it was the dickheads who went against him from day one that ruined his confidence. Imagine sarcastically clapping your own keeper for catching the ball. Same goes on with Txiki. Bad Bravo made Hart go away and Bad Txiki made Mancini go away. Both have had people set on them since day 1.

Mancini' time had come and was a good decision.

Hart had to go too, he was spent. I'll never understand why an ex Barca keeper would be so nervous and by now he should be able to cope with a crowd.

Bravo has to take some responsibility for his actions he makes some bizarre decisions.

Mancini' time had come and was a good decision.

Hart had to go too, he was spent. I'll never understand why an ex Barca keeper would be so nervous and by now he should be able to cope with a crowd.

Bravo has to take some responsibility for his actions.
New country and a large portion of the crowd on your back from the get go? It would bother me and I generally don't care what people think. Bravo was class in the cup games the season just gone, you don't have most of the cokeheads and the senile whiners at those games. Might be a coincidence but I don't see it. In any case, the abuse he got from match 1 was shocking.

New country and a large portion of the crowd on your back from the get go? It would bother me and I generally don't care what people think. Bravo was class in the cup games the season just gone, you don't have most of the cokeheads and the senile whiners at those games. Might be a coincidence but I don't see it. In any case, the abuse he got from match 1 was shocking.

Might depend where you sit. I only saw encouragement to start off with. The crowd where I was lost faith about half way through his first season.

I was always desperate for him to make a save to stop the "first shot on target is a goal" but it just went on forever it seemed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.