Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Erm he went off at half time.
Do you work for the sun?

EarnestDependentGrasshopper.gif

To be honest Raheem looked shattered in the first half. I hope Pep can work his magic on him for the start of the season. The commentator and Hoddle couldnt even wait 90 seconds before they stuck the boot in. I couldn't give a shit if he never pulls on an England shirt again. What an irony that City keep getting accused of holding England players back. We build them up and the media try to destroy them.

The greatest irony of all of this is the same people who built Sterling up to be greater than he was whilst at Liverpool are now tearing him down because he doesn't match their lofty standards ( no one in the England team does ) I kept hearing about how Rashford would bury the chances but he has to get in the position in the first place. Rashford got 45 minutes today and didn't once stretch the defense like Sterling did. The 3 most important players for England were Stones, Maguire and Sterling, with Kane a possible 4th. Stones was the main distributer from deep whilst Sterling stretched the opponents defense constantly and this created gaps and spaces for Alli, Kane and Lingard to exploit. I don't even rate Sterling as highly as others do but like usual with fickle football fans, genuine analysis of ones performance is non existent and Sterling is an easy target because when he fucks up, he fucks up bad but that's one second from a 90 minute game.

I actually watched them today. Sterling gave the ball away at one point, and Hoddle slated him saying it was unacceptable (which it is). Couldn't have been 10 minutes later, and Loftus Cheek gave the ball away.........nothing said. It's a national pasttime to slag the lad. Get him back in the fold.

Last edited:
The tabloids have brainwashed the nation to hate Him. I was watching the Sweden game at a family do in a social club in Leamington Spa. When Sterling was subbed most of the club applauded whilst heckling him. The club does have plenty of armchair rags and dippers though, which explains it all really.

Switched it on, that **** Hoddle was half way through a rant about how Sterling should have had four goals in the tournament, switched it off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.