Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

McNulty is a clown, he’d be out of his depth at the Sun.

Not many football journo’s around who state it how it is without being arsed what people think. Martin Samuel is one, hes always just given his opinion.
The rest are bothered about clicks and nothing else. If this McNulty fella had given Sterling a 7 he’d have had countless moronic fans slagging him for it.

Yep, he actually made a great run, good touch, lay off to Kane and Kane didn't do good enough with his anticipation and waited too long and had to settle for a stretched shot. That's the sort of play Sterling has to stick with and it'll be successful for England. Kane drops off as sterling goes beyond and collapses the defense and plays it back to Kane for a shot. Unfortunately everyone loves the goalscorer the most and don't seem to care about the rest who contribute
Kane has been criticised a lot in recent games eg Hoddle has been very criticial and repeatedly suggested he might be carrying an injury.

Sterling was poor against Belgium. We now have to get him back to where he was for City. On the plus side Stones had an outstanding World Cup and emerged as one of the tournaments best defenders.

Kane has been criticised a lot in recent games eg Hoddle has been very criticial and repeatedly suggested he might be carrying an injury.

Sterling was poor against Belgium. We now have to get him back to where he was for City. On the plus side Stones had an outstanding World Cup and emerged as one of the tournaments best defenders.
Glenda makes excuses for him because of who he plays his club football for. Kane seems to carry an injury every time he comes up against good opposition.

The only reason Maureen is jumping in is because he’s using Raz as an excuse for the reason he let Kevin go; it had nothing to do with the fact that he didn’t recognise his talent, did it?

How ironic that the media/baying masses were all screaming for Raz to be dropped in favour for Rashford - the player he dropped.

As for Raz, I do worry for the lad. It’s all very well us saying he is mentally strong and he just ignores the constant criticism. No matter what he says publicly, it must take it’s toll in private.

The constant bullying - and that’s what it is - which has gone on for three years now, will most likely ramp up again now that the tournament is over for England. As soon as he starts performing at City there’ll be comparisons but these won’t be dealt with fairly i.e. that he’s playing with far superior players with us than with England and therefore has better opportunities to score.

I find it laughable that the media highlight mental issues and the need for understanding and help to be given to people who need it; there was even a story line on this in Coronation Street about depression and how people are unaware that someone may have it.

I have no idea what Raz’s mental state is so I assume nothing. However, I think the media and all who contribute to the drip,drip negativity in their opinions/articles about him need to take a long hard look at how their behaviour might be affecting him long term.

Good well thought out post !

Glenda makes excuses for him because of who he plays his club football for. Kane seems to carry an injury every time he comes up against good opposition.
Kane's goal scoring record can not be argued with. I think it must be quite insulting to a player to suggest that he's playing with an injury.

I don't think the poor World Cup's of other England forwards help Sterling. Next time he's through on goal for City there are going to be demons in his head which he'll have to banish. An early City goal will do him the world of good. Hopefully that happens otherwise the Sun and co have given us a problem. Nothing new. It might work in our favour too though. Perhaps an early goal and memories of the media criticism will be motivating. It could work both ways.

Hilarious England World Cup ratings from Phil McNulty at the BBC.

Lingard 7
Young 6
Loftus-Cheek 6(!)
Rashford 6(!)
Sterling 5

Was this the same Sterling who was our best attacking player in all 3 knock out games?

BBC Sport is just as bad as The Sun.

Pathetic and embarrassing.

Just shows how limited McNultys understanding of football actually is! I can understand him scoring Sterling a 7 or possibly a 6 but to rate his contribution as less than Rashford RLC and Young is frankly ridiculous.

There's your first mistake. The comments sections on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram are where the proper thick ****s of society dwell. Conversing with people in those comment sections should be rule #1 for Bluemooners to completely avoid.

I would say avoiding those comment sections is a bigger rule than not reading gutter press articles. If Einstein, Darwin, Shakeapear and Newton were having a conversation by that top lift shaft you can see on those new Owen Street Towers, the comments sectioons on social media are down near the grid in the road. It is full of complete and utter idiots!

Spot on.
Occasionally i glimpse the comments on the BBC footy page and even there the idiocy and bickering is laughable.

On a positive note, i had a very amicable chat with a footy loving mate in the pub yesterday. He opened the conversation with Sterling and was very negative. After giving him my views on the players contribution for England, and the general public and medias reaction to it he turned round and said, 'You know what, you're right mate.'
Also had a few more people being more positive about Sterling and that's even before i've hit them with my by now well rehearsed 'give the lad a break' schpiel.

Not bad for a player playing out if position at the world cup.
That said I have no hezitation in saying that Rashford was totally and utterly shite.

Can't agree re the Belgium game. Our most effective forward for 45 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.