City vs Dortmund (Friendly) Post Match Thread

The player I would give a mention to is Eric Garcia. Looks a very classy player and just 17. You can see why he was so highly rated at Barcelona.

Not sure why we bothered to enter this competition and i am sure the organisers are feeling the same , obviously we are receiving a few quid for entering , but the team we put out was an academy side plus Mahrez & Bravo , thought Bolton , Harrison , Nmecha , Denayer , Garcia and Roberts when he came on where decent , expected more from Foden and Diaz , Zinchenko had a nightmare his transfer fee has just reduced £5m on that performance , not sure what all the fuss is about Douglas Luiz the game passed him by.
It was nostalgic to see Joe in a City shirt again , shouting and bawling for possibly the last time . If you look at the Dippers squad they have ten first teamers available and they will take great enjoyment in taking us apart next week.

Not sure why we bothered to enter this competition and i am sure the organisers are feeling the same , obviously we are receiving a few quid for entering , but the team we put out was an academy side plus Mahrez & Bravo , thought Bolton , Harrison , Nmecha , Denayer , Garcia and Roberts when he came on where decent , expected more from Foden and Diaz , Zinchenko had a nightmare his transfer fee has just reduced £5m on that performance , not sure what all the fuss is about Douglas Luiz the game passed him by.
It was nostalgic to see Joe in a City shirt again , shouting and bawling for possibly the last time . If you look at the Dippers squad they have ten first teamers available and they will take great enjoyment in taking us apart next week.

However you dress it up it was a preseason kick about

They way we spend 10m pounds for this unknown Douglas but reject to pay extra 2-3-5m pounds for proven quality players sometimes is crazy.

He failed to impress anyone at Girona last season spent most of the time on the bench and doesnt look like a player that ewill be good enough even for a mid table Spanish team.

Surely you can find big talents in Brazil like Jesus maybe thats we hoped for with Douglas as well but he is more like the Zuculini level. If we buy 10 of these for 1m each and one of them we can sell for 12-15m years later we are at our money basically but Douglas for 10m and he is not even that good for his age. Dont think is any better than some of the talented midfielders at the EDS.

This friendly was useless for the first team preparation as most of them not even back yet even Mahrez so far hardly spent any minutes to play with the guys he will play with lol.
All he learnt so far how to play with Denayer, Zinchenko but probably he wont see them here after August.

I really do not expect a fast start after this pre season from the team, certainly not a start like we had last season (19 wins, 1 draw in 20 games lol).

Zinchenko had a nightmare his transfer fee has just reduced £5m on that performance

There was a lot of nonsense in your post but the above was the standout bollocks.By no means did he have a nightmare,while some of his play and defending wasn't great,there were plenty more moments where he controlled the ball superbly and made some excellent passes.The lad has been bounced from pillar to post in respect of his role in the side,so acting in the unfamiliar role of deep lying playmaker last night,i thought he did a decent job he can be proud of.

As for others,Garcia and Denayer impressed me most.I could still see Denayer having an incredible career if he gets the opportunity.

I really do not expect a fast start after this pre season from the team, certainly not a start like we had last season (19 wins, 1 draw in 20 games lol).
Don't think anyone expects another run like that one but it really needs to be pointed out that we played an EDS side with Mahrez and Bravo last night and lost 1-0.
Last season, we played a strong side in our first pre season game and lost 2-0.

it was a glorified training session like it is every season in pre season yet it always seems to surprise some people....

There was a lot of nonsense in your post but the above was the standout bollocks.By no means did he have a nightmare,while some of his play and defending wasn't great,there were plenty more moments where he controlled the ball superbly and made some excellent passes.The lad has been bounced from pillar to post in respect of his role in the side,so acting in the unfamiliar role of deep lying playmaker last night,i thought he did a decent job he can be proud of.

As for others,Garcia and Denayer impressed me most.I could still see Denayer having an incredible career if he gets the opportunity.

Yes your right i am wrong Mr. Moderator , Zinchenko was very poor and gave the ball away constantly but lets ignore the facts , agree regarding Denayer and i have posted it in the correct player forum thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.