******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously comparing Vinnie's celebration after clinching the title to what Stokes did?

No. Not at all. I was responding to the suggestion that a sportsman shouldn't be pissed up. I've no problem with sportsmen having a large one their down time. This seems a ugly incident with many mitigating factors.

I don't have many of the facts, but I'd hope most decent humans would defend two defenseless people against a bottle attack.

I thought that at no time during these proceedings, it was said or even intimated that Stokes was drunk.
Was never mentioned by Police at the time of his arrest. So that makes him even more of a ****, as he
does not have alcohol as an excuse.

Do you find it weird that these two are pretty much at the centre of the saga yet played no part in the courtroom, not one statement was used by them. Only the bouncer was called upon who said Stokes was being homophobic? And there's video evidence to back it up. Havnt they done a Sun exclusive too? All fuckin weird.
And if Stokes can do a video openly mocking a disabled child he's capable of what he's accused of imo.
What he's been found not guilty of, not what he's accused of. You're welcome to go with whatever story you'd like to but all we know is that 12 people, who have seen all the evidence, have found him not guilty and that the 2 men who you claim he was homophobic towards have thanked him for defending them from a guy who was going to attack them with a bottle.

No. Not at all. I was responding to the suggestion that a sportsman shouldn't be pissed up. I've no problem with sportsmen having a large one their down time. This seems a ugly incident with many mitigating factors.

I don't have many of the facts, but I'd hope most decent humans would defend two defenseless people against a bottle attack.
Being pissed up is one thing; like you, I don't have a problem with that, provided it doesn't affect their performance next time out. And while Stokes's intentions were (on the face of it) honourable, his actions (looking at the video) were less than ideal.

Being pissed up is one thing; like you, I don't have a problem with that, provided it doesn't affect their performance next time out. And while Stokes's intentions were (on the face of it) honourable, his actions (looking at the video) were less than ideal.

Yep, wouldn't argue with that. But I'm certainly not going to take a holier than thou attitude towards him, I've been young and pissed up before, had the odd squirmish outside a pub,club,takeaway,taxi stand. Dare say I've even thrown the odd punch. You see it every weekend. Think the whole thing was a big waste of time. No one was seriously hurt, no damage or huge police presence needed.

Last edited:
From what I remember of cctv footage the two men backed off and stokes kept throwing punches until he knocked them out. The blokes at the point when stokes threw the ko punches were not fighting back? Does that qualify as self defence? I didn’t think it did but clearly I’m wrong.

Are you being serious? This stuff happens every weekend in every town across the country, it results in nothing 99% of the time & results in jail time even less.
so if you and bacon face told police you broke the law because you wanted a shite,who would be believed?

From what I remember of cctv footage the two men backed off and stokes kept throwing punches until he knocked them out. The blokes at the point when stokes threw the ko punches were not fighting back? Does that qualify as self defence? I didn’t think it did but clearly I’m wrong.

That's what I thought, but it may depend on the charge being 'affray' and what that requires, rather than something like ABH (which the judge ruled against being added at the last minute).

I thought that at no time during these proceedings, it was said or even intimated that Stokes was drunk.
Was never mentioned by Police at the time of his arrest. So that makes him even more of a ****, as he
does not have alcohol as an excuse.

Alchohol is no excuse, more than that it’s a cunts excuse, “I only did cos I was pissed” well if you can’t control yourself when your pissed, don’t drink.

I used to have a mate, used to get pissed up every Friday / Saturday and cause shit with someone, started out with his mates, ended up with him going at someone with a knife. He used to call you up the morning after and say sorry or worse that he couldn’t remember it and laugh it off. At first it was a bit of fun, but it got boring pretty quickly. He basically has no friends now as he is a **** when drunk and can’t stop drinking.

so if you and bacon face told police you broke the law because you wanted a shite,who would be believed?

I think one difference would be, you'd never hear of it if it were me.

This type of shit happens every weekend up and down the country. I think it was a total waste of tax payers money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.