Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

So are you claiming that he got the same shyte when he was a Liverpool player (before the transfer saga)?
I'm saying that unfortunately for Sterling the media are bullying him. I think it's an unconscious sadistic release and he has become the target as he left traditional,established club Liverpool and joined 'upstarts' the naughty noveaus City.
Media Infantile identifications and ambivalent object splitting has meant that Sterling once to be protected now is getting the full on hammering many fragile looking kids get in school playgrounds.

Lol @ blackjack. What crazy shit .

Anyways, BBC article with Kick it Out asking questions, most pertinently "why be FA and Premier league been so quiet on this"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45196259
Well I am heavily antifascist and anti racist but in this case I just cant see the link to race.
It's more picking on him cos of his look and that he plays for City, which is bad in itself but not racist.

So Brendan ‘The Cockroach’ Rogers is starting the process of destroying another young black player again... let’s see how this Boyata scenario plays out, but he’s pretty much built the pile and lit the motherfucker - interested to see how info is fed to the fan groups and local press. Can see this going like a Sterling2.0... apart from the fact Boyata ain’t in sterlings ball park and will just have to bail to a club in Europe on loan...

But he’s fucking destroyed him publicly

Liverpool fc supporter here.
While I agree that the media loves to target Sterling I really don't think it's race that underpins the slagging he gets. I think he's just unfortunately got one of those faces that people can't relate to. It's a horrible thing bu studies have shown that children with very open and sensitive, emotional faces that look a little unprotected get bullied viciously in school playgrounds.
Sterling looks a little theatrical and you can imaginr his type face etc. would be respected in a west end musical or as a children's entertainer etc. but the macho footie journalists are bringing out their playground bullying behaviour as Raheem doesnt look so machoman, and the public of course, like the Romans watching slaves get crucified, love it.
Bullied from the press and from some twat in a playground are 2 different things. Now tell me Jack, would you want to start a fight with Raheem, I know I would not even though I am 6-2 worked on a building site all my life and my core strength is like a peach compared to his. Now I have never gone into a place and thought " that lad has boyish features let's pick on him" never. So fuck off

Well if Raheem needs any diamond encrusted sinks, wants another tattoo or fancies a Gregg's pasty, this is the week he can go mad for it.

Have a feeling he could pull down his pants and leave a steamer on the centre spot next game and they'd be too busy hiding in their shells to notice.

Bullied from the press and from some twat in a playground are 2 different things. Now tell me Jack, would you want to start a fight with Raheem, I know I would not even though I am 6-2 worked on a building site all my life and my core strength is like a peach compared to his. Now I have never gone into a place and thought " that lad has boyish features let's pick on him" never. So fuck off
Well thats cos your a reasonable bloke but bullies who pick on others cos they look different (be they either in the playground or the circus that is the British media), are not reasonable
They're nasty shit stirrers and get off on humiliating the young Raheem. I doubt too if theyd do this if he played for any other club.

Last edited:
Liverpool fc supporter here.
While I agree that the media loves to target Sterling I really don't think it's race that underpins the slagging he gets. I think he's just unfortunately got one of those faces that people can't relate to. It's a horrible thing bu studies have shown that children with very open and sensitive, emotional faces that look a little unprotected get bullied viciously in school playgrounds.
Sterling looks a little theatrical and you can imaginr his type face etc. would be respected in a west end musical or as a children's entertainer etc. but the macho footie journalists are bringing out their playground bullying behaviour as Raheem doesnt look so machoman, and the public of course, like the Romans watching slaves get crucified, love it.
What the fuck lol

Well if Raheem needs any diamond encrusted sinks, wants another tattoo or fancies a Gregg's pasty, this is the week he can go mad for it.

Have a feeling he could pull down his pants and leave a steamer on the centre spot next game and they'd be too busy hiding in their shells to notice.
You're kidding right. The absolute last thing Raheem needs is more bling sinks and tattoos. The rabid tabloids would be on it like flies to shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.