The David Silva Stand?

A life-like bronze Silva would be great. Unfortunately, most of the statues of famous footballers I’ve seen look nothing like the subject they’re supposed to be representing.

A life-like bronze Silva would be great. Unfortunately, most of the statues of famous footballers I’ve seen look nothing like the subject they’re supposed to be representing.

Don't know what you mean mate.

124632319_REUTERS_A-bust-of-Cristiano-Ronaldo-is-seen-before-the-ceremony-to-rename-Funchal-Airp_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

Some sort of erection seems fitting.
He's given me many with his passing over the years.
Beat me to it.
You’re so posh these days you won’t even do it yourself!

Now, about honouring David: I have been advocating for a statue for him for sometime.

Lately, I have had this silly idea that the club should look at the celebrations right after the 93:20 moment from the regular broadcast camera angle, and take a snapshot at the moment Kun is swinging his shirt in the air and running down touch. They should then note the relative positions and celebration postures of David, Vinny, and Joe (David running arms in the air above him, Vinny doing his low clinched fist stride with intense mouth-gapping scream, Joe trying to achieve sufficient lift to take off in to the sky on the other side of the pitch). They would then commission slightly oversized (perhaps 1.5x) statues of all four of them in those celebrations with the statues spaced apart in their relative positions to Kun at that moment, so you could walk through one of the greatest moments in our club’s history, honouring some of the best players ever to grace it. They could have it between the stadium and the store (likely to the right of where they put up the stage for City Square, as you are looking at the stadium) so nearly everyone, lifelong supporter and tourist alike, walked through it at some point.

As I said, a bit silly, and will most certainly not be what the club decide to do, but it is what’s been stuck in my mind as of late (god knows the missus has heard me describe to other blues enough times that some might think it already exists).

Last edited:
You’re so posh these days you won’t even do it yourself!

Now, about honouring David: I have been advocating for a statue for him for sometime.

Lately, I have had this silly idea that the club should look at the celebrations right after the 93:20 moment from the regular broadcast camera angle, and take a snapshot at the moment Kun is swinging his shirt in the air and running down touch. They should then note the relative positions and celebration postures of David, Vinny, and Joe (David running arms in the arm above him, Vinny doing his low clinched fist stride with intense mouth-gapping scream, Joe trying to achieve sufficient lift to take off in to the sky on the other side of the pitch). They would then commission slightly oversized (perhaps 1.5x) statues of all four of them in those celebrations with the statues spaced apart in their relative positions to Kun at that moment, so you could walk through one of the greatest moments in our club’s history, honouring some of the best players ever to grace it. They could have it between the stadium and the store (likely to the right of where they put up the stage for City Square, as you are looking at the stadium) so nearly everyone, lifelong supporter and tourist alike, walked through it at some point.

As I said, a bit silly, and will most certainly not be what the club decide to do, but it is what’s been stuck in my mind as of late (god knows the missus has heard me describe to other blues enough times that some might think it already exists).

What an amazing idea!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.