Spurs’ new stadium

I don't think he does. Operating profit for 2017 was £29.6M

I didn't want to say or argue as in the grand scheme of things, im not really that arsed but thanks for the confirmation.

Are you sure you made a profit of £160m the last financial year? That's a huge amount of money for a club with your turnover.

Statement by Levy re the stadium and finances on Spurs' official site on Friday:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/

"At 30 June, 2018, the Club had net debt of £366m.

This level of investment by the Club has been made possible by record revenues of £381m and profit from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items of £163m for the year to 30 June, 2018"

Seeing as spurs hire Wembley i would guess it was the Wembley ground staff......not sure if the spurs grounds staff could have done more to get the pitch decent. Speaking as a groundsman, I don't think there was much that could be done in 24hrs. The thing that surprised me was that more green linemarker wasn't used to cover up the unwanted lines.

How long down it take to fork a pitch cut it spray it green and whiten the lines?

I don't think he does. Operating profit for 2017 was £29.6M
Playing league games in a stadium half the size with hardly any corporate areas, combined with paying a huge rent in the Champions League games to play at Wembley.

For 2017, Spurs' matchday receipts were £45.3m and Arsenals' was £100m in the same period (with Arsenal playing in the Europa). Spurs's new stadium has the potential to make far more than Arsenal's.

They will be absolutely fine.

The game has gone. We won, we didn't appear to get any injuries, and my non refundable costs were reimbursed. I'm looking forward to going there next season. Lets move on.

Statement by Levy re the stadium and finances on Spurs' official site on Friday:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/

"At 30 June, 2018, the Club had net debt of £366m.

This level of investment by the Club has been made possible by record revenues of £381m and profit from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items of £163m for the year to 30 June, 2018"
That's gross though. For example in 2017 it was 119 gross and 30 operating. Both important measures but it's the sort of gloss a CEO puts in a statement.

Spurs will fill the ground irrespective, imo.

At the start no doubt but 56K last night at Wembley suggest to me many thought its City, we have no chance so fuck it, im not paying to go.

It wont take long for the novelty of a new shiny stadium to wear off when you constantly see your side getting beat when it matters.

Ashley is regarded with derision by many observers for starving his Newcastle side of investment. How does Levy's strategy differ?

How long down it take to fork a pitch cut it spray it green and whiten the lines?

I would have thought that would have been done , that's why I say I was suprised that it hadn't been sprayed out. I would guess it was divoted, lightly rolled and cut. Than marked out for football and unwanted lines over sprayed greens . I guess it depends on how many ground staff Wembley have as to how much was done.
You would think Wembley has less ground staff than premiership clubs as it isn't used as much , so perhaps could do all that was needed.. ....just guessing though...

Ashley is regarded with derision by many observers for starving his Newcastle side of investment. How does Levy's strategy differ?

He isn’t releasing funds because of the new stadium they will have to sell to buy players for in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.