James McLean

As an Irishman I have no problem with the poppy and I will applaud on Sunday during the game. The issue is am I disrespecting my grandfather who fought for Irish freedom against the same army who fought for Britain's freedom. James McLean has the same dilemma when he deals with the people of derry only his conflict is more recent in the memory bank
The British were not fighting for freedom in Ireland!

No axe to grind? Could've fooled me with that comment.
Not sure if I understand. British (English) history is well documented. We've buggered up America, India, Afganistan, Russia, China, Ireland, Scotland, Wales etc...........If any country leaves out their own naughtiness and just blames us for everything then they are being untrue to themselves.

Not sure if I understand. British (English) history is well documented. We've buggered up America, India, Afganistan, Russia, China, Ireland, Scotland, Wales etc...........If any country leaves out their own naughtiness and just blames us for everything then they are being untrue to themselves.

I blame the Viking raiders based in Dublin and the Catholics getting in bed with those damned French and Spanish to crush the infidels. If that doesn't work the Normans should have some blame if the Romans don't accept that they are all responsible to a man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.