Champions League ban?

I really do think our owners should go on the offensive and start getting the message out there on exactly how much FFP helps the big boys, IE how much more they can spend whilst the rest of us cant.

It's all about PR and information now, legalities dont come into it to an extent.

The alternative to breaching ffp is teams like Utd would be allow to spend £x much more, thats what we need to get out there because no one will support that, and to a degree, people will understand why this cartel needs breaking up.

Best place to do that is in court. Do you trust the written press to convey any message from City with an ounce of reliability.

The interesting thing for me is that, back in 2014, I could understand why we might not have wanted to go to court as everything might well have come out at that point. But the same would have applied to UEFA as well. Imagine a smoking-gun memo from Gill saying how they were determined to screw us.

Now, we've got little to lose as everything is out in the open more or less whereas UEFA have managed to keep their noses clean. If things ended up in court that wouldn't have that privilege.

I bet the shredders have been working overtime. Can’t believe Foitball leaks haven’t found serious dirt on UEFA so I suspect there may be some interplay going on that’s kept certain info out of the public domain.

Am I missing something? Bunch of inconclusive, old emails get leaked, UEFA president makes an off-the-cuff remark about the conclusion of the actual concrete case (not the hearsay) being released soon, and journalists add the 2 + 2 to get that we're heading for a Champions League ban?

Or is it more serious than that?

Yes Liverpool and Man United are NOT top of the league

Apparently it’s “Whistle Blowing” and even though hacking is illegal the perpetrators are protected under European Law.

Also, I heard that twat Lipton say on the radio sports organisations are legally entitled to make their own rules up under European law and there’s nothing wrong with banning “cheats”

Along with the looming possible transfer ban (along with Chelsea) from FIFA for breaking rules on signing youth players and being restricted by UEFA on the number of loan players that will be allowed a ban from the CL is a full house for shafting us, a Premier League team will benefit (could well be the Rags) so the following will all be happy:

Premier League - Gill, Board Member

Rags - Gill, Board Member

Uefa - Gill, Board Member

Fifa - Gill, Board Member and Vice Chairman

Bent as fuck

Might be worth asking each of these organisations- as part of their internal code of ethics what conflicts of interest Mr Gill has declared because he must have heaps and there are obviously some issues and debates that he ethically should NOT participate in but I bet he does.

But it won't be in court that it will be used. I don't think anyone is accusing City of a crime. It'll be at a UEFA disciplinary session, which almost certainly can have its own rules.

How the details came to light may affect how hard UEFA feel they can press. As others have said, they have the same trade-off as the last time - press City, but don't press them so hard that City threaten to bring down the house of cards.

I'm not even certain that CAS is a court as such.

City absolutely could take this to the European Court since FFP is an anti competitive practice. Just bringing a case would probably guarantee a result because UEFAs brief would be so negative they’d almost certainly back down before a judgement was formally made. In reality there’s nothing to stop City doing this now (maybe we are considering it) and carrying on under the present rules - The press has no more shit to throw at us and UEFA could use legal advise from its legal eagles to force the elite clubs to back off and deconstruct FFP.

Do we have any allies in football's decision makers?

United seem to have infiltrated football's hierarchy at all levels of decision making.

I can't think of any significant clubs who are even sympathetic to our position.

We don't need that.
Man City has a unique business model, a unique coach and a unique management with a strong philosophy.
The bosses wanted to invent and set up a new very big idea of football, represented globally.

Those guys don't want sympathy, they just want to do, to follow their big plans.
The have great knowledge, a clear philosophy and the necessary financial tools
to achieve high quality of working conditions on and off the pitch.

High quality alone will bring sustainable success.
Our leaders don't ask for a special treatment.
They know they will be better than anyone else if the rules are the same for anyone else.

Get used to it. Man City are special, on the way up, always want to get better, day by day.
The rest will come along the way. Bit by bit.

How that story will end? No idea.
I don't believe in eternal growth, it cannot work.
But I like offensive high quality football.

Back to topics:
it's only a media thing now.
UEFA won't say much. They want to make business. Difficult without us.
The greedy fuckers maybe would prefer some cash, fining us again.

If City would be fined, media would say again we just bought our own rules with dirty oil money.
Would be tempting to refuse any fine and accept a CL ban.

Problem is, our players want to play CL.
And the club bosses want to win it, on their way up.

We don't need that.
Man City has a unique business model, a unique coach and a unique management with a strong philosophy.
The bosses wanted to invent and set up a new very big idea of football, represented globally.

Those guys don't want sympathy, they just want to do, to follow their big plans.
The have great knowledge, a clear philosophy and the necessary financial tools
to achieve high quality of working conditions on and off the pitch.

High quality alone will bring sustainable success.
Our leaders don't ask for a special treatment.
They know they will be better than anyone else if the rules are the same for anyone else.

Get used to it. Man City are special, on the way up, always want to get better, day by day.
The rest will come along the way. Bit by bit.

How that story will end? No idea.
I don't believe in eternal growth, it cannot work.
But I like offensive high quality football.

Back to topics:
it's only a media thing now.
UEFA won't say much. They want to make business. Difficult without us.
The greedy fuckers maybe would prefer some cash, fining us again.

If City would be fined, media would say again we just bought our own rules with dirty oil money.
Would be tempting to refuse any fine and accept a CL ban.

Problem is, our players want to play CL.
And the club bosses want to win it, on their way up.
Every football fan apparently feels that their club is subject to conspiracy and City fans are no exception. We feel that leading football clubs and associations have been plotting for many years to take us down and I don't expect them to pass up an opportunity, therefore I think we will get a ban I have no faith in due process and arbitration. It is quite ridiculous that the same charges that were used to sanction City have been put forward a second time and the football world reels in mock shock again and no one says hang on a minute, haven't they already been sanctioned for that. We have a journalistic profession who are lacking in moral courage and independence although having said that I have to say there are exceptions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.