Current Squad - cut or keep?

Depends who we’re going to bring in as replacements.

Delph, for whatever reason, has really dropped off as a LB compared to last season. I’d keep him as a rotation option.

Zinchenko, whilst he’s a good kid, I wish he’d of accepted the move to Wolves. I don’t understand how we’ve seen a winger and decided he’d be a good LB, given he doesn’t have the height, pace, stamina or physicality for the role. He’s a bit lightweight for CM as well.

Mangala and Bravo have to go. Otamendi, I’d keep unless we can get a top class replacement like a Koulibaly, Skriniar, De Ligt, or even Lucas Hernandez who can also play LB.

Walker just needs a rest. Wish we’d go for Kimmich who can play either RB or CM and has a good relationship with Pep.

Mendy, no idea. He’s great offensively but does he work well with Sane as they both operate in the same space. We’ll have to see what he’s like after his return from injury.

Jesus is a good backup, but we really need another World Class striker to go alongside Aguero.

For me I’d cut: Gundogan, Danilo, Otamendi, Mangala, Bravo.

Promote Muric to backup keeper. Loan Zinchenko

Buy: RB, LB, CB, DM and Striker in summer. All of which, bar the CB, needs to really be pushing to be a 1st team player immediately.

Gives us a squad as follows:

Ederson
Muric
Walker
New RB
Stones
Laporte
New CB
Kompany
Mendy
New LB
Dinho
Delph
New DM
KDB
D Silva
B Silva
Foden
Sterling
Sane
Mahrez
Jesus
Aguero
New striker

Still space for two more players if we needed, maybe a 3rd keeper and a backup winger?

Cut - Mangala, Delph, Zinchenko

We need to sign a leftback and a defensive midfielder.

There is a solid squad player in Zinchenko. Would like to see him play for a while in his preferred position, alas, that won't happen with us.

For me I’d cut: Gundogan, Danilo, Otamendi, Mangala, Bravo.

Promote Muric to backup keeper. Loan Zinchenko

Buy: RB, LB, CB, DM and Striker in summer. All of which, bar the CB, needs to really be pushing to be a 1st team player immediately.

Gives us a squad as follows:

Ederson
Muric
Walker
New RB
Stones
Laporte
New CB
Kompany
Mendy
New LB
Dinho
Delph
New DM
KDB
D Silva
B Silva
Foden
Sterling
Sane
Mahrez
Jesus
Aguero
New striker

Still space for two more players if we needed, maybe a 3rd keeper and a backup winger?
Name me one good striker that we could sign who would want to compete with both Sergio and Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.