Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

No, they weren't booing Sterling. They were booing that they believed they should have had a penalty a minute before that was waved away and we scored as soon as we got the ball up the other end of the field
At half time the southampton supporters were singing "3-1 to the referee"

What? Another team thinking the ref has done 'em!

What? Another team thinking the ref has done 'em!

I like to think I'm pretty honest about decisions that the ref gives or doesn't give and IMHO that wasn't a pen. Yes Zinchenko put his hand on the southampton player's back, but there was hardly a push and if you see it again the southampton player actually collapses on his wrong side. However it was more of a pen than the one Lovren won for liverpool the other day!!

Ther Sterling one in the second half was definitely a penalty, but the ref, in his own mind, evened things up as they do

I’d love more transparency from the club on the distribution of away tickets. I barely heard a northern accent in the concourse. Families with 2 young kids who wouldn’t even be old enough to qualify for the cut off point if they’d been to every game since they were born. I then watched Alan Partridge’s (Ian Cheeseman) vlog on the way home and again a family from Devon managed to get tickets. Do supporters clubs down south get a bigger allocation for away games down south?

No, they weren't booing Sterling. They were booing that they believed they should have had a penalty which was waved away and we scored as soon as we got the ball up the other end of the field less than a minute later
At half time the southampton supporters were singing "3-1 to the referee"
They certainly booed Bernardo after receiving treatment for the cut to his face.

We got the 3 points we desperately needed. Great to see Ferni and Merlin back together. We could easily have had 4 or 5 if only we could convert our chances. We cannot afford to miss those v Candlepool.
Mahrez needs to step up and stop being so predictable and greedy, 2 clear chances through on goal and can’t put the ball away? That’s not what we paid £60M for!!
Double standards if refereeing yet again. Vinny gets a yellow for his challenge, yet the twat slides in from across the other side of the pitch on Kun at the edge of their area.... absolutely nothing. !!!
The near leg breaker on Ferni was disgusting. Also some of the ones on Merlin were comical yet unpunished.

We can prepare for a diving master class from Salah on Thursday, he’s been getting lessons from Young & Hazard. It’s absolutely pathetic.

I like to think I'm pretty honest about decisions that the ref gives or doesn't give and IMHO that wasn't a pen. Yes Zinchenko put his hand on the southampton player's back, but there was hardly a push and if you see it again the southampton player actually collapses on his wrong side. However it was more of a pen than the one Lovren won for liverpool the other day!!

Ther Sterling one in the second half was definitely a penalty, but the ref, in his own mind, evened things up as they do

The problem that refs have now for the rest of the season is the disservice Kavanagh presented them in giving the Salah pen. Every player going down when someone causes a draft by dropping their programme, and a penalty doesn't materialise, will be met with howls of derision. Even some tackles that meet the LotG criteria for direct free kicks will continue to be ignored. I think two of the goons on MotD were saying pen! Never has the game been swirling around in a combination of a maelstom with lottery. We don't need VAR - a simple toss of a coin, or a game of scissors, rock, paper between the defender and the attacker should be all that's needed.

The scummer twats definatley boo'd Bernardo when he was injured, some of the tackling by them was appalling, looked like they were on a mission to cripple Fernandinho. City fans were proper nosiey at the game, which was strangley edited by MOTD. If we have to got there again, avoid Yates, rip off bastards £4:70 a pint

Wish City would shoot more often when the chance presents itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.