Should jobs like police officer have fitness levels?

Do your research. This was imposed by Windsor-it was merely political.

'any twat..should be fucked off'-shows your true thoughts and should I sack you simply because you are older and less fit? And what about officers who have been injured on duty and can no longer run-sack them to? Most people get their opinions on the police from Tv or stood outside a nightclub/pub..Policing isn't that.
So Bert answer me this.. if someone isn’t physically fit enough to do a job, why should they be getting paid?

So Bert answer me this.. if someone isn’t physically fit enough to do a job, why should they be getting paid?
I never said if they aren't physically fit..there are plenty of jobs in the service that do not require someone to run

Why are you mentioning the reason the fitness test was brought in? It’s irrelevant. Any person taking a salary for being a police officer should be able to reach 5.4 which is barely a hair’s breadth above a fast walk. Even people in their mid/late 50’s should be able to do 5.4 if they had any self respect, particularly if it was part of their role that they’re getting well paid for. As for the injured officers - they either pass once recovered or get pentioned off in my opinion.

If a soldier gets injured in battle and can no longer operate effectively do they get to stay on the payroll for the rest of their career? No.
Only in the news today that a significant proportion of personnel in the armed services who aren't deemed physically fit to serve on the front line.

And its not irrelevant-it was political and serves no purpose as 99.9% pass it-as you say, its easy.

Hello shortarse. ;)
Even the Grenadier Guards have reduced the height limit to join. It looks fooking ridiculous when you see a guardsman wearing a bearskin hat and when you walk alongside him your still taller than him :) and I’m only 5’ 11

Why are you mentioning the reason the fitness test was brought in? It’s irrelevant. Any person taking a salary for being a police officer should be able to reach 5.4 which is barely a hair’s breadth above a fast walk. Even people in their mid/late 50’s should be able to do 5.4 if they had any self respect, particularly if it was part of their role that they’re getting well paid for. As for the injured officers - they either pass once recovered or get pentioned off in my opinion.

If a soldier gets injured in battle and can no longer operate effectively do they get to stay on the payroll for the rest of their career? No.

All the right questions asked and none of them answered properly. But fair play to you for asking them mate ;)

Do your research. This was imposed by Windsor-it was merely political.

'any twat..should be fucked off'-shows your true thoughts and should I sack you simply because you are older and less fit? And what about officers who have been injured on duty and can no longer run-sack them to? Most people get their opinions on the police from Tv or stood outside a nightclub/pub..Policing isn't that.

It may have changed but, at one time, most used to rip off the tax payer by claiming early retirement. At fcukin vast expense.

So common, early retirement on “medical grounds” was almost a perk of the job.

Even the Grenadier Guards have reduced the height limit to join. It looks fooking ridiculous when you see a guardsman wearing a bearskin hat and when you walk alongside him your still taller than him :) and I’m only 5’ 11

Which is fine when a Guardsman's only job is to stand outside Buck House and have ceremonial duties. However on a real job in Kandahar or Basra these basketball players can't get a bloody section (8 men) into a warrior. Size is irrelevant. It's not the Sultan of Brunei's Pakistani guard here. They have a proper job to do. So you recruit anyone, just keep them off ceremonial duties. On another point why does it look ridiculous? It's simply because you are conditioned to seeing them tall - would you say to a 5 foot 5 SAS soldier they look stupid in their sand beret? I doubt it.

An ex-Airborne Royal Signals Warrant Officer - 5 foot 6 in his cuban heels

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.