Poor treatment of bar staff

I posted a tread this week about the poor treatment my daughter and others have been subjected to but
was pulled my Ric as I went into far too much detail for his liking.

So this time I.
1 won't name my daughter.
2 won't mention which bar/bars she worked in.
3 won't mention dates of when culture changed for the worse.
4 Name and shame manger/mangers responsible.
5 Take full responsibility for following thread.

For many a year now we have all experienced poor service from bar staff at city including
myself there are some who only work there for the money and there are many like my daughters
and friends love city but also need a little extra money to get them through uni.
My daughter who used to attend games with me until she was 16 took a job working at city
like her sister and 3 friends.
But for a period of time now has been treated/spoken/ like shit and belittled in teams meeting.
Less than a year ago her and 2 others received an award for outstanding customer service based
on fan feedback which shows how much they were regarded by fans in the bars they worked.
But at the Fa cup game Sunday could no longer but up or take it anymore and walked
out on a job she absolutely loved and on more than one occasion come home in tears.

And before you ask yes they would bring up regarding treatment they would receive only to be told
to shut up and if they didn't like knew where the door was and you wonder why there is such a high
turnover of good hard working staff.

Ric you say this should be taken up with city. It has and nothing has change you also say this is
not the place for such a tread to name and shame. So I have now removed all details.

This is Bluemoon where we fans get the opportunity to discuss all manner of subjects.
If we don't allow such treads to be discussed how is anything ever going to change?

Its not OK for grown men and woman to bully young girls and boys because your only 16/20
and on minimum wage because they know you need the job and money.

Give you the fans a chance to read and discuss.
Give the club a chance to read discuss and reply.
Give those responsible for running our catering service to read and reply.

I been a member of this site for many a year season ticket holder for over 30
I don't have an agenda about our great club but if we all don't stand up against
this shocking culture nothing is going to change let's together get it changed please.

More than happy to meet you or any other from site club or catering firm to discuss further.

Regards mark
From what you have said mark, and we don't know both sides, only the side you have posted, I'd be suggesting that your daughter might have a case for constructive dismissal, and she should be looking to get advice about that.

Was the "boss" actually employed by City, or by a separate catering company, working for City ?

I posted a tread this week about the poor treatment my daughter and others have been subjected to but

So this time I.

For many a year now we have all experienced poor service from bar staff at city including
myself there are some who only work there for the money and there are many like my daughters
and friends love city but also need a little extra money to get them through uni.
My daughter who used to attend games with me until she was 16 took a job working at city
But for a period of time now has been treated/spoken/ like shit and belittled in teams meeting.
Less than a year ago her and 2 others received an award for outstanding customer service based
on fan feedback which shows how much they were regarded by fans in the bars they worked.
But at the Fa cup game Sunday could no longer but up or take it anymore and walked
out on a job she absolutely loved and on more than one occasion come home in tears.

And before you ask yes they would bring up regarding treatment they would receive only to be told
to shut up and if they didn't like knew where the door was and you wonder why there is such a high

Ric you say this should be taken up with city. It has and nothing has change you also say this is
not the place for such a tread to name and shame. So I have now removed all details.

This is Bluemoon where we fans get the opportunity to discuss all manner of subjects.
If we don't allow such treads to be discussed how is anything ever going to change?

Its not OK for grown men and woman to bully young girls and boys because your only 16/20

I don't have an agenda about our great club but if we all don't stand up against
this shocking culture nothing is going to change let's together get it changed please.

More than happy to meet you or any other from site club or catering firm to discuss further.

Regards mark

My only issue with the original post was that you were publicly naming someone without them having the chance to respond, and that it sounded like something that the club really needed to investigate. Hope your daughter gets things sorted out mate.

Great post, never had an issue with any of the bar staff at the ground to be honest, but i can well imagine they have to put up with a fair few idiots. Sorry to hear that your daughter was treated badly by the catering manager's that she reported to. I'd like to think that the clubb management will listen to what is being reported on by their fans and take the appropriate action with the caterers. For us, the fans, perhaps we should try to be more civil to the staff that are trying to serve us

This type of stuff makes my blood boil. Please mate, make an issue of this and don't be fobbed off. Bully boys thinking they're hard with decent youngsters is disgraceful. On a side note, can people stop slagging off the bar staff as well. Serving the masses pre match and half time must be a nightmare so cut them a bit of slack please folks.

Well said Roachy, i'd like to see some of these fuckers who slag the bar staff off and have a go at them get behind the bars themself and see if they can handle it, i know i would'nt fancy doing it, it must be a nightmare before kick off and halftime

Personally I believe it’s totally inexcusable and unacceptable to treat the staff in any other way than you would expect to be treated yourself. They are trying to do their best(yes, there are undoubtably ‘slackers & skivers’ as in every job) but it doesn’t warrant any sort of abuse. If you’ve got a genuine problem, ask to see the supervisor. I’ve done it and had my drink changed without question.
Just because you pay to get into the stadium, it doesn’t give you the right to treat people like cnut.
If I ever saw it, I would say something. There’s no need for it.

Apart from it being wrong to abuse bar staff period, I find it works a treat being nice to them, they remember polite, nice people more than the arseholes who abuse them, not so much at City with their queuing system but in pubs this generally reaps rewards as they normally serve us nice people first, next time round ;-)

So this time I.

Regards mark
Mate, if your daughter has been bullied at work and works for the club rather than an outsource, the club will have a formal policy for dealing with bullying. Make a formal complaint or get her to and ask for that policy to be followed. If she is getting bullied then so are others and it needs rooted out and stopped. It’s only couple of years since the club won prizes for the way they treat staff so those policies will exist and the clubs HR department should investigate.

Mate, if your daughter has been bullied at work and works for the club rather than an outsource, the club will have a formal policy for dealing with bullying. Make a formal complaint or get her to and ask for that policy to be followed. If she is getting bullied then so are others and it needs rooted out and stopped. It’s only couple of years since the club won prizes for the way they treat staff so those policies will exist and the clubs HR department should investigate.
The mAnager concerned should be disciplined and retrained or dismissed if his behaviour has been inappropriate. Your daughter shouldn’t have to lose her job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.