Ian Carlo Poveda

Great example of how videos can be misleading then I guess. Doesn't really play like him tbh. Much more direct, runs at people, tricky, skilful, winger. Technically excellent though, like David! Defo not the same kinda player though.

Edit - having watched the video I can see why you'd say that. I think it doesn't really show the side of his game where he's more winger-esque. His frequent attempted dribbles for example. I guess he moves a bit like David and has the same great feet, but he's faster, more tricky, but at the same without the same control and god-like game intelligence.
Looks like he is starting to add some end product now as well. Could potentially be a fantastic player. Remonds me a lot of Bernardo, just a little bit quicker

Looks like he is starting to add some end product now as well. Could potentially be a fantastic player. Remonds me a lot of Bernardo, just a little bit quicker
He's like a fusion of David, Bernardo, and Mahrez. Has really developed nowadays, as mentioned before, simply not a forward, but a terrifying winger who can cross well and has developed the eye for goal.

It’ll be nice to see Poveda or Matondo get some game time against Burton in a few weeks time.
U23s play Sunderland in the EFL trophy that week, I'd rather see one come off the bench in the cup against Burnley. If we want the EDS to get the most out of their only exposure to senior competitive football, we can't turn around and piss on their chips by stripping away key players from their squad for the quarter final to play in what may as well be a friendly match.

U23s play Sunderland in the EFL trophy that week, I'd rather see one come off the bench in the cup against Burnley. If we want the EDS to get the most out of their only exposure to senior competitive football, we can't turn around and piss on their chips by stripping away key players from their squad for the quarter final to play in what may as well be a friendly match.

No one in the Academy will be upset by an u23 player being given a senior debut instead of playing an u23 game against Sunderland. No one.

They all operate under the idea that getting a kid into the first team is their ultimate goal. Taking Matondo (who didn't even play vs. Rochdale) to Burton would be a massive boost for everyone in the academy and be extra motivation for the kids who do play the u23 game.

And who knows, giving a chance to a kid might also help to stop the seemingly rising tide of kids thinking of leaving because we don't give chances to kids?

No one in the Academy will be upset by an u23 player being given a senior debut instead of playing an u23 game against Sunderland. No one.

They all operate under the idea that getting a kid into the first team is their ultimate goal. Taking Matondo (who didn't even play vs. Rochdale) to Burton would be a massive boost for everyone in the academy and be extra motivation for the kids who do play the u23 game.

And who knows, giving a chance to a kid might also help to stop the seemingly rising tide of kids thinking of leaving because we don't give chances to kids?
Matondo was injured, that's why he didn't play against Rochdale.
Which is a better experience for the kids, playing a senior good league one side in the quarter finals of a competitive senior trophy, or seeing out a 9-0 lead against a poor league one side?

Matondo was injured, that's why he didn't play against Rochdale.
Which is a better experience for the kids, playing a senior good league one side in the quarter finals of a competitive senior trophy, or seeing out a 9-0 lead against a poor league one side?

100% I guarantee if you asked any one of those kids they'd say going to Burton.

I doubt it, they've been to bigger grounds than Burton and beaten better sides.

You are absolutely clueless. These kids have spend their entire lives working towards getting a call up to the senior team, for everyone in that u23 side doing something to get them closer to that it is their main objective every single day. Playing a game with our senior players, being coached by Pep, being in the senior dressing room is literally a fucking dream come true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.