Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Straight swap - Kante for Mahrez.

Chelsea pocket the Hazard money and have it to invest in a top striker, they have a player who can play wide to replace him (sort of) and they get rid of a player that Sarri doesn’t rate too highly.
I can asure you that this will never happen

I can asure you that this will never happen
I think Kanté isn’t a bad shout. It won’t be a swap but I feel we could get him if we really wanted to, Sarri doesn’t seem to rate him ahead of Jorghinio as DM,his preferred and best position imo. Decent age, great DM and premier league experience. Fernandinho could rotate, for say League cup games and injury/fatigue. Then in a years time hopefully have a youth/academy/loan player coming through with another years progress under their belt.

I think Kanté isn’t a bad shout. It won’t be a swap but I feel we could get him if we really wanted to, Sarri doesn’t seem to rate him ahead of Jorghinio as DM,his preferred and best position imo. Decent age, great DM and premier league experience. Fernandinho could rotate, for say League cup games and injury/fatigue. Then in a years time hopefully have a youth/academy/loan player coming through with another years progress under their belt.
Kante is not very good on the ball and not a very good passer either. Don’t think he’s a typical Pep DM

I have a feeling that we are more likely to pull an unknown gem out of the locker to be honest, It's quite a specific role with a specific skillset required but then it is all down to training and drilling the role into the player,

But not for Pep, if we got offered both still think Pep would choose Jorginho.
That we will never know. However after Jorghinio pulled the plug at the eleventh hour on us last time, I doubt Pep would want him again anyway. We only want players that want to be here.

Watched Kante closely in the Chelsea game and something has to give; he’s got the most incredible engine but is being wasted. Sarri won’t drop Jorginho and Higuain’s arrival pushes Hazard back into the midfield, which means Kante will be under even more pressure to be creative from the right yet that is simply not his forte. New contract or not, just need Mendy to tap him up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.