Huddersfield (A) Post Match Thread

ou

our possible/maybe offside goal is a split second decision for a linesman to make, the penalty was as clear as day and both the lino and ref would not give it. They are totally different talking points

Call it “possible/maybe” if it makes you happier. Yes, one was blatant and one was close but both were incorrect decisions. At the end of the day they cancelled each other out. We won 3-0 so I won’t be getting too exercised about it.

The annoying thing is that 19 other teams would have got that as a penalty today, because it was the epitome of what a penalty is, but not us . If Marriner is not getting payed or instructed to ignore that then he really is not fit and proper to be a referee because that is as clear a penalty as you will ever see.

I think there is a bit too much gloom here after what was a good result with a team that started with two players playing their way back to sharpness (Kun and KdB) and two players who are not first picks (Gundo and Otamendi).

Not having a Silva on the pitch cost us in terms of midfield control but we scored one lucky and two very well crafted goals.

Main concerns are number of shots on target (4) and Walker's form which seems to be as poor as it has been since he joined the club.

Nine days until the next league game - seems like an eternity.

Call it “possible/maybe” if it makes you happier. Yes, one was blatant and one was close but both were incorrect decisions. At the end of the day they cancelled each other out. We won 3-0 so I won’t be getting too exercised about it.
Actually, they didn’t cancel each other out as we might have missed the penalty! I’d rather not get the first decision and get the second one.

Me neither, much rather sit on the couch and watch the rest of you do sit ups or whatever you want to do.

Yet another “easy” game made tougher for us because of corrupt officials.

By denying us the most blatant penalty you’re ever likely to see the referee gets their crowd up for it, gets their crowd booing Sterling and treating him like a ‘diving cheat’ like the press would like to have everyone believe and we’re suddenly up against a completely different proposition. He then gives Huddersfield free kicks for the softest incidents, while denying us blatant free kick after blatant free kick which creates frustration in our players.

Wait till the game is out of Huddersfield’s reach and then even it up by giving us soft free kicks so it doesn’t look bent.

Poor performance from us other than the 10 minute spell but still more than good enough to win comfortably in the end.

So, the non-penalty decision was because there's an agenda against us and Marriner is a cheat (and not incompetent) whilst the Sterling goal, despite possibly Sane being offside is because the officials are incompetent (and not cheats). Talk about hypocrisy. Same people every week, must be hard to walk around with the weight of 6 baked potatoes on each shoulder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.