Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyalty points and Platinum were already in place when we moved to the Etihad or no later than the season after. So that's well before 2011.

I'd say that loyalty points were introduced to encourage people to buy tickets for less popular games. We struggled to sell out any game, home or away, bar the derby in those days. Mancini's first FA Cup game was at Boro in January 2010 and the City end was maybe a third full if that. Nowadays we'd probably sell that out in 5 days. You could build your points up quite quickly in those days as you could get tickets for virtually every game. Bill was right in some of what he said but you simply can't do it these days. So I'd say it was 90% encouragement and 10% rationing before 2012, whereas now it's 100% about rationing and people are having to find ways to beat the system.

Platinum was, I'd say, just a money making scheme when we were desperately short of cash. In the early days it would have contributed about 5% to our matchday income stream and maybe 2% to our overall revenue. Now it's 1% and 0.1% respectively.
Loyalty points started the last season at Maine Road. Platinum much later.

Loads on here talking about tickets were available for Cardiff, Newcastle, Lyon etc but surely you can't have a go at 16-25 year olds not going to Lyon away, mid week.
I never come close on 9/10 away criterias but the truth is I can't afford to go to both Wembley and Newcastle at the same time some need to realise and not think that this game being on GS means that people who can't/don't go away are just moaning.
I think Ballots should be held for away games (not all of em) and maybe 200-500 tickets out of a 3000 allocation allowing those lower down to get a chance to pull themselves up cos be honest, no ones catching the 20,000 pointers for at least another 10 years.

Cardif was on a weekend, as was Southampton. Newcastle there will be loads of coaches that you can get on. Again, it's just excuses people look for. If you really want to go to away games, you'll be able to go to at least 7-10 a season.

I can relate to what Bill says & others of a similar age but I am maybe a little younger? We used to start selling our season tickets in March/April for the following season. Yes it saved you a couple of quid buying early but we were fighting relegation every year so we didn't know who we would be playing & yes the season we dropped down to what was the third division the club extended the discount beyond the Stoke City game !!!! Can we have some recognition I must admit the more I read the more selfish I am becoming.

Everyone is saying "change the system" "what about the youngsters" and "boo hoo its not fair".
Well we were all youngsters once,we all missed out on big games once.
I started going to City in 1965, thats 36 years,read that again,36 years, before a single loyalty point was handed out. I didnt do every game of course, i got married and had kids but i put some bloody hard yards in i can tell you. So in 2001 that stood for nothing,i had to build up points like everyone else. Fast forward 18 years and i can go to any game,tv permitting it also allows me to book travel etc early and cheap,well it did till i got poorly but mark my words I'll get to every game i can,ive earned it.
So youll forgive me if i say the tickets should go to those like myself and people who may even have been going longer,and not someone who joins a supporters club or some bloody kid who doesnt like the system.
Back in the day though if you sat outside the Main Stand/Platt Lane dogshit alley from 4 in the morning in the snow you'd get a ticket after listening to the BBC cricket commentary team moan about the heat in Australia, the loyalty shown then isn't and can't be rewarded now, have a family at the wrong thing or have to miss chunks of games wasn't a killer blow then but it is now.

Back in the day though if you sat outside the Main Stand/Platt Lane dogshit alley from 4 in the morning in the snow you'd get a ticket after listening to the BBC cricket commentary team moan about the heat in Australia, the loyalty shown then isn't and can't be rewarded now, have a family at the wrong thing or have to miss chunks of games wasn't a killer blow then but it is now.
We queued all night several times especially for OT tickets
One year took the girlfriend in November it was freezing (now wife) not knowing she was pregnant with twins

Im 16. Ive had a gold season ticket for 9 years (since 07-08) that's 190 points/season + cup games - total = 2915 points. At what age am I gonna be able to buy away tickets from the club?
My dads loyalty in the 80s has been rewarded with around 7000 points.
The average game sells out at 12,000 and above
tell me why balloting a small number of tickets for non top 4 games is not a good idea.

Because it's unnecessary.

See you at Newcastle next Tuesday night?

We queued all night several times especially for OT tickets
One year took the girlfriend in November it was freezing (now wife) not knowing she was pregnant with twins

Exactly,this is what I said a few pages back. They could put a small amount of tickets on sale that way again. So if you really want to go and are prepared to put the effort in you can do. In an age where atmosphere's are horrific in almost all home Premier league grounds. Are away atmosphere is also getting progressively worse, it's hard for young fans to go and the current away system is only making it harder and long term can't be a good thing for keeping and attracting the next generation of young blues.

Im 16. Ive had a gold season ticket for 9 years (since 07-08) that's 190 points/season + cup games - total = 2915 points. At what age am I gonna be able to buy away tickets from the club?
My dads loyalty in the 80s has been rewarded with around 7000 points.
The average game sells out at 12,000 and above
tell me why balloting a small number of tickets for non top 4 games is not a good idea.

You're spot on but there is an i'm alright Jack attitude towards it by many. The actual club don't give a fuck either and would probably rather give 3000 away tickets to corporate if it could and even cut out Bill and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.