Newcastle (a) post match thread

I'm sorry for the loss, but watching it I notice something. And that's the lack of fight, the lack of belief and urgency to do something. This is not the mentality of champions, I expected these players to be angry after going 1-1 then I expected it again at 2-1 but it never come. The opposite happened they went into a shell and players feared the ball, players looked like they didn't really want the ball so always looked for an easy option.

I expected champions who are fighters and hungry to win more to react so much better then they have done lately. And unless they get this hunger back the title will end up in Merseyside.

Also I would like to add that dropping Bernardo didn't help with the flow of the play. I believe right now he's the best center midfielder at the club, David Silva is out of form and Kevin is rusty as expected. It will be a while before the real Kevin is back.

Newcastle have the 6th best defensive record in the PL - so I wasn't that confident of a positive result tonight even before the match.

In extra time we were still tippy tappy outside the box - needed to lob it in the box. At least give ourselves the chance of a dodgy pen
Naive
We don’t do “lob it into the box”. We didn’t against QPR and we, rightly, still don’t now.
But anyway, like yourself, I got my first season ticket in 76 after tueart league cup final so respect. Post as little or as often as you like

Still absolutely gutted, but theres still 14 games to go, think about it 14 games theres a long way to go yet, 40 odd points at stake.
Its not over.

Long way off yet.

Leicester, Everton,scum,Spurs,Chelsea and Watford all capable of getting points off the dippers. Need 3 wins out of 3 next week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.