Newcastle (a) post match thread

What the **** happend? We turned this planet upside down with a superman performance against Liverpool, only to lose against this sh*tclub. What a joke.
Too much is going against us this season. Continued leftback problems, no sharpness in finishing, KDB has been missing a lot. But I'm starting to see a red thread in lack of good goalkeeping by Ederson. Don't get me wrong, I'm still backing him. But he is starting to look like another Bravo: great with his feet (no one can argue there), but he barely saves any shots. Everything is going past him (Crystal Palace, Leicester and now this). He saves the shots he is supposed to, but what about the rest? He is letting in too much. That is a fact. Look at De Gea for United, Alisson for Liverpool. This is when the goalkeeper needs to step up and win games. He doesn't have that. How many times did De Gea rescue United from catastrophy? I know they cannot be compared. But in all honesty, he is not a great keeper when it comes to save shots. Saying anything differently just proves lack of knowledge...

Look we all know how far we have come and that nobody has the divine right to win a football match.

Other teams can have blinders, your own players can make mistakes or be off form - that is the nature of the beast.

But what we witnessed tonight was a collective failure by the whole team against a fairly ordinary team and that after going ahead in the first minute, something definitely needs addressing before our next match.
Pretty much same against Palace and Leicester. Started well, went in front and then lost concentration. Lesson is you have to take your chances, we had plenty of opportunists to kill this off but didn't execute.

Put it to bed and move on. We will learn much more about this group after defeat. Disappointing however that's sport.

And yes am gutted. There will be more twists and turn yet. Cup treble please.

He was going to get sent off through no fault of his own thats why, and we have Arsenal next.

The fact you have to explain that situation only shows how some of our posters have such limited football knowledge , glaringly obvious why KDB was replaced , but well done for showing the patience and politeness with your retort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.