Newcastle (a) post match thread

Still can't understand how few chances opposite teams get that ends up a goal!!!

That is hugely frustrating. Last night Newcastle's (I think) first chance ends up in our net after what was presumably a mishit. Of course, there were various errors on City's part e.g. playing him onside. We can, imo, be a bit unlucky but they need to make less crucial errors at the back; just as they need to be more clinical at the other end e.g. David Silva should have scored at least one goal.

That result hurt me last night. I took it too personally.
I won’t watch the match tonight as I fear I could end up in the loony bin watching teethy mcgnasher wanking a water bottle off if they score.

I think Pep had to take De Bruyne off but in hindsight the timing was wrong. Their crowd was suddenly up for it and our players sank. After he went off no one got control of the game. Not Silva, not Bernardo and not Fernandinho. A midfield three that good cannot all play so poorly.

We should have been 2 up and De Bruyne not booked. Instead that mistake is the catalyst for the loss. But we still should have scored another. I don't know why we keep throwing games away when winning. A lack of killer instinct, complacency...something isn't right.

We will not catch Liverpool now. Three tough games coming up, even if we win all three the gap is 4pts and they have a game in hand. The pressure is off them. Their game tonight is suddenly a lot easier and they can play more relaxed and open the 7pt lead again. Our chance to put real pressure on them over the next couple of weeks has gone.

Of course we will keep pushing but personally we need to now prioritise the CL and FA Cup. We have the chance to go all out for the CL this season. Top4 is a cert so lets rotate for the league. Blood Foden and Garcia some more and be fresh and ready to push on in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.