Ndombele (signed for Spurs)

As a US contributor [presumably] then you will know more than most the value and importance of a quarterback. OK, this is a different sport but in a soccer sense, Fernandinho is as near as we can get to having a 'quarterback' player in our team, that's just how vital he is to us. The bad news is that there are very few suitable candidates for this role and this shortfall gives rise to a premium price which will have to be paid, if not by City then by someone else. The good news is that there are very few clubs where such a player would happily end up, and beyond a small number of 'obvious' clubs bidding for his services which would number no more than about eight, we might find that there are around a dozen players elsewhere who might fit the bill perfectly for us. Barca, Real and PSG cannot sign everyone so with a bit of research by our management team might lead us to that right player without a challenge from any of our major opponents.
As a Brit abroad, I guess I have to own the Yank monicker after 37 yrs here!

However, while the QB analogy is reasonable, I see him more as a basketball point guard. He keeps the play flowing, distributes the ball to his teammates with timing and precision, and is the first line of defense when things breakdown! He also chips in with a “3 pointer” from distance every now and then!

Last edited:
Played really well in their win over PSG. I like watching this lyon team.

This is our guy.

Both looked good this game. Also, I am now more certain than ever, that selling Denayer was a mistake. Could have saved so much money looking for a Kompany replacement.

He had some excellent passes as well. Good win for OL, and while Ndombele could handle the more physical nature of the English game, Aouar would take longer to adapt.
Aouar was not good in this match. Handed PSG 3 big chances in 8 minutes, which gave them a goal. Does anyone know if we have a buyback clause for Denayer? If both Ota and Kompany leave this summer, we need at least one CB, and Denayer looks great now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.