Arsenal (h) Post Match Thread

Bernardo at RW, no Sane, a back 3-4 depending on possession of the ball, Stones out, Otters in, Mahrez out, Zinchenko out, Aguero in - Jesus out - Gundogan in.

Arguably our most important game of the season - there's plenty of inferences here as to whom Pep trusts, IMO.

Bernardo at RW, no Sane, a back 3-4 depending on possession of the ball, Stones out, Otters in, Mahrez out, Zinchenko out, Aguero in - Jesus out - Gundogan in.

Arguably our most important game of the season - there's plenty of inferences here as to whom Pep trusts, IMO.

or it's simply a case of horses for courses.

or it's simply a case of horses for courses.
Perhaps - but what is the rationale?

For dropping Stones?
For dropping Zinchenko?
For dropping Sane?
For dropping Mahrez?
---
I think that Pep dropped the above players because he doesn't at present trust them as much as other alternatives in big games. Not starting Mahrez/Sane and instead starting Bernardo is curious - and telling.

I haven't been following injury reports so perhaps that factored in - but if not... the four players mentioned above not starting had better sort their game out. Otherwise they won't be seeing a lot of gametime anytime soon and might well be sold

Last edited:
Perhaps - but what is the rationale.

For dropping Stones?
For dropping Zinchenko?
For dropping Sane?
For dropping Mahrez?
---
I think that Pep dropped the above players because he doesn't at present trust them as much as other alternatives in big games. Not starting Mahrez/Sane and instead starting Bernardo is curious - and telling.

Maybe, the rationale would be he wanted to outnumber them in the centre of the pitch so played an extra midfielder.

Maybe, the rationale would be he wanted to outnumber them in the centre of the pitch so played an extra midfielder.
Which explains how many of the above mentioned dropped players?...

I like Sane - I think he should have started. That he did not start... speaks to some sort of injury not disclosed to the press - or to dissatisfaction with his on field performance... unless Sane is injured... not starting him seems to indicate lack of trust.

I'm less in favor of Stones - erratic - but I think that there's an eventual world class player in Stones. Otters started ahead of him - in a crucial game.

Mahrez is struggling - but at RW? - I'd pick him over Bernardo 100% - that Mahrez is not starting is very telling.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.