Spurs’ new stadium

Got to give it JimB, or Daniel, he never gives in spouting the party line I said on here in August that the stadium wouldn’t be open until late in the season and JimB totally refuted it compared it Athletico Madrid’s build. Then they dreamed the safety systems issue which is taking longer to resolve than to build the stadium Unbelievable Jim

I don’t know why you think we feel as though we are being peresecuted We suffer when we had to play there but our club were good enough to compensate the fans who lost out something that Spurs should have picked up
the tab for

I genuinely don't believe that City's treatment would have been much, if any, different.

More generally, apologies for pointing out what strikes me when reading numerous posts on Bluemoon but there is something of a persecution mentality creeping in to City fans' psyche. Reminiscent of Liverpool. It's not my intention to come on to another team's board and be critical but I just think that it's something that you guys should guard against. I get that you're defensive. Quite understandable. But when people start imagining persecution in every little thing or any hypothetical outcome, it goes too far and invites ridicule.

I dunno. What do you guys think about it? Do you not agree that this kind of thinking needs nipping in the bud? Probably a discussion for another thread, to be honest.

No, it needs us to shout it from the fucking rooftops, until Harry Kane & deli Ali, for example, get red cards for leg breaking tackles against City & the league stop City, a team with many small players who like to pass the ball on the ground, from having to play a crucial away game on a fucking lump of ridged rock hard shite, against a team full of players good in the air, because the club who we are playing against, fails to get its fucking act together.

Not on this one occasion, no. But it's the exception that proves the rule. The vast majority of my posts on this thread are only about Spurs.
It would never cross my mind to go onto a Spurs forum and have a pop at their fans. Why would I do it when I'd be a guest on there? Yet you seem to think it's okay to come on here and do it. Hmm. I guess some of us on here have different standards than you do.

Got to give it JimB, or Daniel, he never gives in spouting the party line I said on here in August that the stadium wouldn’t be open until late in the season and JimB totally refuted it compared it Athletico Madrid’s build. Then they dreamed the safety systems issue which is taking longer to resolve than to build the stadium Unbelievable Jim

It's late, so forgive me for copy and pasting the following by someone who is genuinely ITK. Hopefully, it might encourage you at least to put aside conspiracy theories for one moment and give some consideration to the possibility that the stated cause of the stadium delay is not a fabrication:

"From what I have been told regarding certification the state of play at the moment when it comes to those installations that together make up the integrated safety system is that we're sitting on about 90% fully passed (ie. following council inspection, and which accounts for almost all of the remedial work undertaken since last September), about 8 to 9% provisionally passed (tested by the contractor and awaiting 3rd party approval) and the remaining 1 or 2% yet to be assessed. This small bit includes the integration software which governs automated activation and deactivation of several subsidiary systems in real-time and which is naturally the most critical of them all and potentially the most problematic system to test to a point of guaranteed functionality. It is the one that will certainly fail umpteen tests as it's brought to full function, and if any rumours about "test failures" leak out again between now and when the first test event is held you can be sure this is what has led to them.

Laing O'Rourke went through all this before with Terminal 5 in Heathrow, with uncanny parallels to this stadium build. In September 2007 they discovered a rake of non-compliancies in the fire safety system and, like Mace, switched to modular certification as the remedial work was undertaken. By January 2008 they had rolled this work right up to the point where they could concentrate again on the integration control system, and then spent two months trialling, failing and trialling again until they were satisfied it would pass official tests, which it did. What had been envisaged to be a simple run of a dozen or so major trials allowing the terminal to open in October 2007 turned into 68 trials involving around 4,000 workers, 15,000 public volunteers, and an eventual opening date of March 2008. The ultimate tests of the safety control system lasted 8 weeks, in other words, 7 of which involved consistent failures as the calibration of this system continued, so that the final week could be guaranteed to produce a certifiable system and transfer of ownership.

Bottom line - given how far they've come with the stadium now any reported failures at this stage are much more likely to imply progress, not disaster. If I hear the same rumours coming from River Park House then I'd be worried, but as yet all seems fine by them. Rumours coming from a mate's uncle's pal who heard a lad with a hard hat mutter the word "fail" when he was there delivering bog roll are probably insufficient grounds to go into Private Frazer mode, let alone Corporal Jones mode."

I don’t know why you think we feel as though we are being peresecuted We suffer when we had to play there but our club were good enough to compensate the fans who lost out something that Spurs should have picked up
the tab for

That's another matter altogether. Sure, City fans were hard done by and Spurs should have done more. But it's not what I was talking about. Specifically, my post was in response to the claim that had City asked to continue playing at Wembley, they would have been censured and fined by the FA again and again and again. I see no precedent to justify such a claim.

It would never cross my mind to go onto a Spurs forum and have a pop at their fans. Why would I do it when I'd be a guest on there? Yet you seem to think it's okay to come on here and do it. Hmm. I guess some of us on here have different standards than you do.

I've posted here long enough, I think, for you and others to know that I am neither a troll nor a driven-mad-with-envy City hater. I am always courteous - sometimes in the face of some fairly hostile responses (I accept that that goes with the territory)! It's just that I've noticed a growing tendency among a few on here and thought it was worth highlighting and discussing. If you'd all rather not, fine. I won't mention it further.

I've posted here long enough, I think, for you and others to know that I am neither a troll nor a driven-mad-with-envy City hater. I am always courteous - sometimes in the face of some fairly hostile responses (I accept that that goes with the territory)! It's just that I've noticed a growing tendency among a few on here and thought it was worth highlighting and discussing. If you'd all rather not, fine. I won't mention it further.

If you had any ounce of common sense, you would know what pisses people off, not just on here but all football forums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.