Spurs’ new stadium

I've tried the same by tweeting Virgin but they're not interested in offering refunds even though I mentioned that trainline were. Not their problem even though the good publicity would have been worthwhile.

Here's a thought. Given that Spurs knew that NFL games were being played at Wembley why didn't they ask for away games on those dates on the off chance that the stadium wouldn't have been ready. I mean it's not as if they fixtures are picked at random anymore. In fact Spurs should be made to play at our lace twice this season for being fuckwits

Very sensible indeed. Thing is, - and I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but if they had given Spurs away matches on the NFL dates (two of which were PL matchdays), people would ask why were they not so confident to schedule a home match when Wembley was not available as a backup.
Spurs agreeing to the NFL match at their new stadium gave people confidence that it would be ready and hence their fans were more than willing to stump up for season tickets and increased prices.
They have had us over, their own fans over (some flying in from the States for the Liverpool match) and NFL fans over who were excited about the new stadium and planned trips to London on that basis. Is an outrage that they have not been fined at the very least.

As spurs can sell 20k more tickets surely City fans get in free now?

As spurs can sell 20k more tickets surely City fans get in free now?
I'm sure they will het 60k plus but worth noting that for SPurs v Fulham a fortight ago they got 58k at Wembley and I assume there were at least 4k Fulham there.

There crowds at Wembley are not that impressive. Ticket prices are reasonable too. Cheap for London.

I've tried the same by tweeting Virgin but they're not interested in offering refunds even though I mentioned that trainline were. Not their problem even though the good publicity would have been worthwhile.

Can understand how it would open a real can of worms though. I had this three times in the second half of last season where I bought advance train tickets for games and they were moved. Always happens if you or your planned opponents are still in any cups from Jan onwards. They'd have everyone asking if they offered refunds. I've given up trying to plan too far ahead now. The onus should be on Spurs to cough up here really as it's entirely their fault.

Am I right in thinking though that you can change advance tickets anyway if you pay an extra tenner? I've definitely done that before.

Can understand how it would open a real can of worms though. I had this three times in the second half of last season where I bought advance train tickets for games and they were moved. Always happens if you or your planned opponents are still in any cups from Jan onwards. They'd have everyone asking if they offered refunds. I've given up trying to plan too far ahead now. The onus should be on Spurs to cough up here really as it's entirely their fault.

Am I right in thinking though that you can change advance tickets anyway if you pay an extra tenner? I've definitely done that before.

The tenner swap on Trainline always worked for me until I had to change my trains for the Community Shield and I got a non refundable response. I’m not sure.

well after three days of tears , tantrums ,tweets and telephone calls

LNER - £10 to change my return ticket
Easyjet - refunded £13 govt tax
Premier Inn - full refund as a goodwill gesture ( boy was a Spurs fan so knew it was his fault )

so not deadly but obviously now all the prices have gone up so probably about an extra £60

There’s no way of knowing for sure but it’s reasonable to assume that if the roles were reversed the FA would not be being as supportive of us if we were in Spurs predicament. Spurs have messed up big time and are inflicting problems far and wide which the FA seem to be actively assisting Spurs to sweep under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.