Jadon Sancho

Because we thought he wasnt ready?! Seeing his game time at Dortmund saying to him he will play cup games and coming of the bench occasionally I feel he wouldnt of signed a new contract with that, plus hindsight of how good he is playing now would of been a wonderful thing.

Hindsight.

Fucking hilarious. Who could have known he'd be world class, except the scouts who signed him for a record fee for a 14 year old off Watford, the coaches who pushed him up the ranks ASAP at the academy and watched him take the piss out of kids 3, 4, 5 years older than him, the fans who were on here saying how exceptional he was and saw him be the best payer at the u17 Euros, and of course the dozens of top clubs who wanted to sign him off us wjen they realised we had been stupid enough to lose him.

But you're right. No one could have known he was going to he good, there were no signs of it coming at all!

Seemingly the only people who didn't think he was ready for some senior football was Guardiola and co. and as much as I love Pep, that's a mistake which has costs us an incredible amount of money and a club grown world class player.

And please don't jump into the bullshit "he's not good enough to start" routine because no one thinks he needed to start, he just needed enough evidence that he had a chance of coming through here despite 10+ years of no one else getting a chance, maybe a sub appearance in a cup game, maybe a first team number (which is what Dortmund gave him to show him they were serious).

Last edited:
Barcelona had the Neymar money from psg they wont be spending 130m again and psg wont br forking out 400m on 2 players again ffp will be changed to stop that.

Im sure you're right. Transfer fees will go down suddenly, after 100 years of only ever increasing.

Now, with more money in the sport than ever before, will be the point that fees will stop going up.

Hindsight.

Fucking hilarious. Who could have known he'd be world class, except the scouts who signed him for a record fee for a 14 year old off Watford, the coaches who pushed him up the ranks ASAP at the academy and watched him take the piss out of kids 3, 4, 5 years older than him, the fans who were on here saying how exceptional he was and saw him be the best payer at the u17 Euros, and of course the dozens of top clubs who wanted to sign him off us wjen they realised we had been stupid enough to lose him.

But you're right. No one could have known he was going to he good, there were no signs of it coming at all!

Seemingly the only people who didn't think he was ready for some senior football was Guardiola and co. and as much as I love Pep, that's a mistake which has costs us an incredible amount of money and a club grown world class player.

Can see your really gutted he didnt stay and looking at him now so am I but there is quite a few players at city who have looked great prospects and no one really knows how they going to turn our untill they have a long run playing first team football in a top league.

Im sure you're right. Transfer fees will go down suddenly, after 100 years of only ever increasing.

Now, with more money in the sport than ever before, will be the point that fees will stop going up.

Yeah they’ll there will go up but not in the near future like I said with uefa trying to put a stop to that.

Yeah they’ll there will go up but not in the near future like I said with uefa trying to put a stop to that.

Neymar, Mbappe and Dembele have been overwhelming successes PSG and Barcelona so ever club that is drawn into a big transfer saga will look at them and say it's probably going to be worth it in the end.

Plus look at the fees for talented kids now. De Jong going for 75m as a defensive midfielder. De Ligt will go for more as an 18 year old CB. People will see those numbers and just accept that a forward who creates and scores 30+ goals a season at 19 is worth twice as much because a star forward has always been worth that much more than a centre back.

There will be a wave of kids in the next 3 or 4 years who go for Dembele type money, £120-140m. Mbappe will probably remain out in front because he's so obviously different class to every other young forward in the last 10 years.

Hindsight.

And please don't jump into the bullshit "he's not good enough to start" routine because no one thinks he needed to start, he just needed enough evidence that he had a chance of coming through here despite 10+ years of no one else getting a chance, maybe a sub appearance in a cup game, maybe a first team number (which is what Dortmund gave him to show him they were serious).

In regards to Guardiola's part in this, do you really think playing a 16 year old in his first season here was realistic?

I agree with what you said said in your next paragraph about evidence of needing a chance given the lack of opportunities to youth since the takeover, I just feel it was tricky for Pep given his struggles that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.