Jadon Sancho

There's only so much you can learn warming the bench. And if Sanchez came here in the summer when we tried to get him then Sancho wouldn't have even been doing that.

Surely young players learn by taking part in training and participating with a top class coach and world class players as opposed to " warming the bench " as you call it ?

Being a fan means very little, rarely any players play for the club they are a fan of. I'll believe it when I see Foden and Diaz actually play. We have been linked with Jorginho and Fred.

I meant in terms of Foden being more patient than Sancho before he starts pushing for more games or a move away.

And aren’t Jorginho and Fred defensive midfielders, just like Fernandinho? They’re hardly going to be rivals to Foden and Diaz for a place in the team.

I meant in terms of Foden being more patient than Sancho before he starts pushing for more games or a move away.

And aren’t Jorginho and Fred defensive midfielders, just like Fernandinho? They’re hardly going to be rivals to Foden and Diaz for a place in the team.
They can like Fernandinho play as a #8 and will probably unfortunately be prioritized in front of Foden in that role.

Surely young players learn by taking part in training and participating with a top class coach and world class players as opposed to " warming the bench " as you call it ?
At some point you actually have to put the coaching that you have received into practice don't you?

Try telling Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz that.
What opportunities have they actually got? How many starts do they have in the premier league. How many assists/goals. How many are they going to get next season?

What opportunities have they actually got? How many starts do they have in the premier league. How many assists/goals. How many are they going to get next season?

The answer to your question is something which will be revealed next season - until then it's pure speculation .

The answer to your question is something which will be revealed next season - until then it's pure speculation .
Well one part of it is. The rest isn't. Considering Foden and Diaz didn't get any kind of opportunities this season. Playing for 2-20 minutes 5 times a season when games are wrapped up isn't real opportunities. Therefore I was questioning Vienna_70's point that Diaz and Foden are getting chances in relation to Sanchez leaving due to lack of potential chances that I thought he would get here.

Well one part of it is. The rest isn't. Considering Foden and Diaz didn't get any kind of opportunities this season. Playing for 2-20 minutes 5 times a season when games are wrapped up isn't real opportunities. Therefore I was questioning Vienna_70's point that Diaz and Foden are getting chances in relation to Sanchez leaving due to lack of potential chances that I thought he would get here.
He's played more than that though hasn't he? Foden has played in 12 games this season, starting 3 of them and getting 90 minutes in 2 champions league games and a league cup game. For a 17 year old lad thats not a bad start to your city career. Diaz isn't far off that as well, so its misleading to just say he was sub in 5 league games therefore isnt getting opportunities.

Sancho chose not to accept the contract and felt that he would get more opportunities elsewhere , which has proved to be the case .

He may have got chances in the first team if he had stayed with City, but that is pure speculation.

It is absolutely true that to-date Foden and Diaz have not had a great deal of playing time this season, but neither you nor I know whether that will remain the case during the coming season . I prefer to believe that Pep and his management squad know when to step up their level of involvement based upon their performance and development whilst being a part of the first team squad.

Sancho cannot have known whether he would have been involved or not at City , unless he had been specifically told, but he backed his own judgement and has played for the BM first team. No doubt he feels vindicated in his decision .

Foden and Diaz presumably are happy to be part of the first team squad gaining experience from that approach .

Who has made the right decision - time will tell .

He's played more than that though hasn't he? Foden has played in 12 games this season, starting 3 of them and getting 90 minutes in 2 champions league games and a league cup game. For a 17 year old lad thats not a bad start to your city career. Diaz isn't far off that as well, so its misleading to just say he was sub in 5 league games therefore isnt getting opportunities.
He started against Shakhtar in the last group game. What was the other Champions league game he played 90 minutes in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.