Jadon Sancho

Don't think we offered him a contract & loan combo which could have kept him happy for a season, he had no real affiliation to us and probably just wanted to play.

A year in Spain with us & it could have all worked out differently.

Looked the best of our three youth stars and it's a shame he felt his only option for his career was to leave.

We didn't make any serious efforts to keep him. We offered him 30k/week and then very publicly tried to sign Alexis Sanchez for £60m to play in his position.

I think £30k a week at 17 is a serious statement. He will have players in front of him at any top club but I understand that he wanted more of a prospect of first-team football than we were prepared to guarantee.

Does anyone actually know if we have the first right option to buy back before other teams or was that just a rumour?

Have to think he wouldn't come back unless one of Leroy or Raheem are gone. He's going to have offers from the rest of the top six that have less competition for a place in the team

He is not as good as Leroy who is not a guaranteed starter. I think he is a good (and potentially great) player who backed his talent, worked hard and is now getting the rewards for this.

I do think that things might have been different if the timing had been one year on. It would have been easier to give him minutes at the tail end of last season rather than the one before when we were battling for a Champions League spot.

Will be interesting to see his next move. I do not think he should be in any hurry to leave Dortmund and only a handful of clubs could probably afford him. Could see him going to Chelsea to replace Hazard as he is a London lad.

Could also envisage Bayern snapping him up as they have an aging attack and try to get all the best players in Germany.

I am more worried about Foden who seems to have lost his place on the bench. Despite what Pep says I think a loan for him would be a good thing as he needs to play games.

Last edited:
He is not as good as Leroy who is not a guaranteed starter. I think he is a good (and potentially great) player who backed his talent, worked hard and is now getting the rewards for this.

I do think that things might have been different if the timing had been one year on. It would have been easier to give him minutes at the tail end of last season rather than the one before when we were battling for a Champions League spot.

Will be interesting to see his next move. I do not think he should be in any hurry to leave Dortmund and only a handful of clubs could probably afford him. Could see him going to Chelsea to replace Hazard as he is a London lad.

Could also envisage Bayern snapping him up as they have an aging attack and try to get all the best players in Germany.

I am more worried about Foden who seems to have lost his place on the bench. Despite what Pep says I think a loan for him would be a good thing as he needs to play games.
While he is ifferent from Sane, I think he would be as effective.
On Foden, were you expecting anything different once we have full squad available ? If Pep thinks he needs to play regularly, he will be sent on loan, especially with a Dinho backup coming next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.