Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

He walked up the stairs with fitness coach Lorenzo Buenaventura at the very end he was talking to Ali Benarbia and walked off with Manel Estiarte who was Spain’s greatest water polo player, he is Pep's closest confident and his eyes and ears around the camp

Ali B. Thought he looked a tad familiar.

Taped it of sky, while I was watching the game at the Etithad. When I got home I watched it all over again. I still can't believe that we had put 6 goals passed Chelsea without any replies from Chelsea. That must have been our best performance of the season, We need the red half of Manchester to do us a favour when we are at Wembley and hammer the scousers.

Higuain is a tramp. In the tunnel cam video he's constantly spitting on the carpet in the tunnel and on the stairs. I will never understand why some footballers think they can do what they want. Pure filth. Some poor git has to clean his rank spit up.

There's a tribal element about following sports - it's us against them. Any criticism against our lads is bad - they're perfect in every way.

Me?

I'm extremely pro-City.

But I'm not tribal - these forums, for me, are meant to discuss our favorite side - both good and bad.

If all one wants to hear is endless praise - what's the point of the forum?

I would also add - that my favorite manager in the world is likewise critical - never satisfied - always seeking to drive our side to even loftier heights.

Zinchenko had an excellent game.

Chelsea looked very dangerous towards the end of the half and Ederson made some fantastic saves.

Was a little concerned how easy they were able to attack down the middle, running off the back of our midfield. Luiz managed to pass between the lines a little too easily.

Arsenal had a similar 10 minute patch.

I'm not sure it's possible though to completely stifle a side of Chelsea's quality for a whole ninety minutes.

They're a high quality CL side with an array of world class players. They're always going to cause teams problems.

Zinchenko had an excellent game.
Agreed.

Against a side who tried to press - but cannot actually press.

But dribbled into trouble on several occasions unnecessarily.
===
Zinchenko has boatloads of talent - but he'll never nail down a preferred starting role in any position in our side - we've got world-best/top 5-or-6 in our side at every position.

Zinchenko is great at backup though - and if he decides to remain in our side - great!

But as a massively talented 22-year-old who will not break into first choice at any position in his current side - it's career suicide not to move.

Zinchenko could well love City/Pep/Manchester - and thus be willing to be 2nd/3rd/4th choice - but I highly doubt it.

He's gone next season IMO - not because we want him out - but because he'd be better off elsewhere.

Sergio doesn't do it very often. Once a season maybe. What Jesus offers that Sergio doesn't is blistering pace. The finishing is there (although his heading needs work.) The confidence is coming back too. I think he is ready now. It's just that Sergio's form is keeping him out.

The only thing Jesus misses for me is the physical presence Sergio has. Defenders are scared of Aguero anywhere on the pitch but I don't think you need to be greatly worried about Jesus except when he gets into the box or has run past you.

The difference between the two is Jesus will score all the goals you expect but Aguero will also score the goals you don't expect.

He is still a young lad yet but I don't think this league will ever quite fit him. For me he belongs in Italy or Spain where defences are either not as physical or far slower.

He's here though and I still think he's been great value and done well for us so far and had a good cameo yesterday.

Sergio doesn't do it very often. Once a season maybe. What Jesus offers that Sergio doesn't is blistering pace. The finishing is there (although his heading needs work.) The confidence is coming back too. I think he is ready now. It's just that Sergio's form is keeping him out.
Without trying to start an argument... I couldn't disagree more.

Sergio time-and-again pulls goals out of nowhere - sometimes these goals make the difference between winning or tying or between tying and losing.

I do not see this sort of goal scoring magic from Jesus.

Yes - Jesus has pace - but consider this.

A ton of our goals result from blistering pace on the wings - Sane/Sterling/Mendi - a sharp cross unblocked into the middle.

Jesus is excellent at capitalizing on these opportunities - but, I daresay... so would Navas if played there.

And you can guess my opinion of Navas... (hint - it's not at all favorable).
===
Jesus for me seems very talented - and as a young player - no doubt he'll improve.

But if you think that Jesus is of equal or better caliber to Kun - I very much disagree.

And as a side striving to be world best in football - our replacement for Kun had better be of similar talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.