Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

I disagree, mate. The lad has it all and can be our main striker for years to come. He’s hitting peak form now but Sergio keeps scoring so he can’t get in the team. Whilst I agree that Sergio is stronger and a more instinctive finisher, this lad is quicker, more skilful and a better presser. His time will come at City, and very soon, I predict.
lol, you nearly had me there.

The only thing Jesus misses for me is the physical presence Sergio has. Defenders are scared of Aguero anywhere on the pitch but I don't think you need to be greatly worried about Jesus except when he gets into the box or has run past you.

The difference between the two is Jesus will score all the goals you expect but Aguero will also score the goals you don't expect.

He is still a young lad yet but I don't think this league will ever quite fit him. For me he belongs in Italy or Spain where defences are either not as physical or far slower.

He's here though and I still think he's been great value and done well for us so far and had a good cameo yesterday.

40 goals in 86 games played is not bad return for a 21 yr old at the highest level, if he's here long enough sergio's records will be under threat

40 goals in 86 games played is not bad return for a 21 yr old at the highest level, if he's here long enough sergio's records will be under threat
And yet...

We score primarily through wing play - leading to sharp crosses across the box. Tap-in's for anyone with the ability to get into position. And yeah... Jesus gets there often enough.
===
Do you honestly wish that we would start Jesus ahead of, say, hypothetically, assuming that all of these players were in our side:

Aguero
MBappe
Griezeman
Messi
Suarez
Kane
Sallah
Aubameyang
Cavani
Higuain
Neymar

and so on and so forth.

As a club striving to be world best, we had sure as hell better have a top 2 or 3 striker once Aguero retires.

Last edited:
And yet...

We score primarily through wing play - leading to sharp crosses across the box. Tap-in's for anyone with the ability to get into position. And yeah... Jesus gets there often enough.
===
Do you honestly wish that we would start Jesus ahead of, say, hypothetically, assuming that all of these players were in our side:

Aguero
MBappe
Griezeman
Messi
Suarez
Kane
Sallah
Aubameyang
Cavani
Higuain

and so on and so forth.

As a club striving to be world best, we had sure as hell better have a top 2 or 3 striker once Aguero retires.
With the exception of Mbappe, who is younger and Messi, he's better than every player on that list was at 21.

With the exception of Mbappe, who is younger and Messi, he's better than every player on that list was at 21.
Like I said - I hope I'm very much wrong in my assessment. My current opinion remains unchanged.

Aguero was 22 or so when he joined us - that leaves 1 year for Jesus to prove that he is just as good as Kun at age 22.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.