Failsworth

Well I am going to give this Loose Cannon a look tonight. Never been a fan of tribute bands but I am a sucker for New Order. 2 stops on tram from NH to Hollinwood. Will see what it's like.
If your going for a beer before the gig the Wheatsheaf is next door which is pretty basic but the landlady is a Blue. You have the Haughton Arms further down which isnt to bad or walk down Wickentree Lane and pop in the Bay which is where I should still be after work slurping San Miguel.

If your going for a beer before the gig the Wheatsheaf is next door which is pretty basic but the landlady is a Blue. You have the Haughton Arms further down which isnt to bad or walk down Wickentree Lane and pop in the Bay which is where I should still be after work slurping San Miguel.

I am going to have a couple in the Crown on Church St mate and then just get a taxi up I think. Am just gonna go up and have a few beers in there and see what they are like.

Its actually alright in the Loose Cannon. Will be a decent little venue for gigs. Unfortunately I don't see how they can make it pay. Probably only 50 people in there max last night. You would expect the Queen and Stone Roses tributes to fill the place, but they are going to struggle with most of them.
Could be a decent little goth/moshers venue.
Gets the thumbs up from me. £3.90 for a pint of San Miguel is reasonable. I hope it works out for them.

Its actually alright in the Loose Cannon. Will be a decent little venue for gigs. Unfortunately I don't see how they can make it pay. Probably only 50 people in there max last night. You would expect the Queen and Stone Roses tributes to fill the place, but they are going to struggle with most of them.
Could be a decent little goth/moshers venue.
Gets the thumbs up from me. £3.90 for a pint of San Miguel is reasonable. I hope it works out for them.

Good to hear Looking forward to trying it meself. Getting tram down to meet local mates for a gig soon. Would have been a regular haunt for us when lived around there.

Where on the Heath do you reside? I was in Albert Gardens, off Averill St. Last street before it becomes Failsworth.

I like it here, I can walk down the canal, deliberately ignoring (if that's possible) the sunken shopping trollies and discarded beer cans, walk past city's ground if I like, or take the kids to Brookdale park and hope we don't get run over by dicks on scramblers or bring dogshit home on our shoes. Or go the other way and past the derelict weavers and dominoes, the ferris wheel is up at the moment and its pretty at night and that.

I like it here, I can walk down the canal, deliberately ignoring (if that's possible) the sunken shopping trollies and discarded beer cans, walk past city's ground if I like, or take the kids to Brookdale park and hope we don't get run over by dicks on scramblers or bring dogshit home on our shoes. Or go the other way and past the derelict weavers and dominoes, the ferris wheel is up at the moment and its pretty at night and that.

I used to walk down the canal from Oldham rd, turn left at the swing bridge,past the brick ovens and across the clay pits to my Nans house that backed onto the rec at Ten Acres.
We used to swim in it, avoiding bags of dead cats and old bed ends and dumped cars. At one point they drained it, filled it with concrete and made it about 6" deep so we could walk in it with our wellies on. A few years later they ripped it all out and turned it back into a canal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.