Chelsea thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look very ordinary to me these days,which must be devastating for their fans given what they have become used to watching in recent times.

Once Hazard ups sticks they will have no one with genuine star quality.

Sarriball. Said from the start that I doubted Chelsea had the players willing to implement such a style of play, and nine months on I don't see them being any closer to doing so. The rest of the players are now so far behind Hazard in terms of quality that I find myself pitying him.

Sarriball. Said from the start that I doubted Chelsea had the players willing to implement such a style of play, and nine months on I don't see them being any closer to doing so. The rest of the players are now so far behind Hazard in terms of quality that I find myself pitying him.
Yeah but many folk prob doubted Pep had the players to implement his partc style of play at City in his first season. .Which proved right as we finished 4th and won ......nothing.

Compare with Chelsea ..smashed 100 goals this season (only City have more) 11 straight wins in Europe this season,1st British team to do that in history, reached the final of one domestic trophy and sit handily placed to finish 4th...which is where we finished season1 after getting to grips with a totally different playing style.
.Stop believing the negative media hype led by the bbc ..who..for some reason want the manager sacked...their latest win in Europe is described by the 'independent' bbc experts in such a negative manner; the first 8 paragraphs describe how Chelsea keep letting in early goals in the 2nd half of matches.....as they enter the semi final of a European competition. Talk about looking for negatives!!
.Sarri is a very clever manager, imo and needs time-just like Pep did.The 3 pts they took off us at the bridge earlier this season could yet prove extremely damaging. ..

Yeah but many folk prob doubted Pep had the players to implement his partc style of play at City in his first season. .Which proved right as we finished 4th and won ......nothing.

Compare with Chelsea ..smashed 100 goals this season (only City have more) 11 straight wins in Europe this season,1st British team to do that in history, reached the final of one domestic trophy and sit handily placed to finish 4th...which is where we finished season1 after getting to grips with a totally different playing style.
.Stop believing the negative media hype led by the bbc ..who..for some reason want the manager sacked...their latest win in Europe is described by the 'independent' bbc experts in such a negative manner; the first 8 paragraphs describe how Chelsea keep letting in early goals in the 2nd half of matches.....as they enter the semi final of a European competition. Talk about looking for negatives!!
.Sarri is a very clever manager, imo and needs time-just like Pep did.The 3 pts they took off us at the bridge earlier this season could yet prove extremely damaging. ..

Chelsea may have amassed over 100 goals, but in the league they have scored 57, fewer than Tottenham and that lot, and 29 of their overall total have been harvested in the painfully weak Europa League. I agree that Sarri is a clever manager, rather like him and enjoyed watching his Napoli, but his style of football requires more than just technically talented players. It requires phenomenal energy levels, heart, and a willingness to press as a collective, and those are the things I think it is difficult to instil in players who are already used to being at the top. By the end of Guardiola’s first season, we could see his imprint on the team, and while we had problems in certain positions, the system was taking shape and players had adapted and trusted the system and each other. By contrast, Chelsea only seem to play Sarriball in fleeting periods of games, and in games against better teams often only when already behind.

Guardiola inherited a team that was ageing but one built on attack. In terms of football, Sarri is the complete antithesis of Mourinho and Conte, yet he inherited a squad assembled to play the more cautious style(s) of the latter. Now, with a transfer ban and the likely loss of their best player, I struggle to see how they will be any closer to playing Sarriball next season than this. Of course, he may become more pragmatic and adapt his style to the rigours of England, but if we’ve learned anything from Guardiola, it is that sacrificing your principles is not even countenanced. You do that and you may as well admit you have failed.

I tend not to read/ watch the media on other teams, only us, and only watch other games (sound off) to form my opinion, so I can assure you I’m not believing anyone’s agenda.

Chelsea may have amassed over 100 goals, but in the league they have scored 57, fewer than Tottenham and that lot, and 29 of their overall total have been harvested in the painfully weak Europa League. I agree that Sarri is a clever manager, rather like him and enjoyed watching his Napoli, but his style of football requires more than just technically talented players. It requires phenomenal energy levels, heart, and a willingness to press as a collective, and those are the things I think it is difficult to instil in players who are already used to being at the top. By the end of Guardiola’s first season, we could see his imprint on the team, and while we had problems in certain positions, the system was taking shape and players had adapted and trusted the system and each other. By contrast, Chelsea only seem to play Sarriball in fleeting periods of games, and in games against better teams often only when already behind.

Guardiola inherited a team that was ageing but one built on attack. In terms of football, Sarri is the complete antithesis of Mourinho and Conte, yet he inherited a squad assembled to play the more cautious style(s) of the latter. Now, with a transfer ban and the likely loss of their best player, I struggle to see how they will be any closer to playing Sarriball next season than this. Of course, he may become more pragmatic and adapt his style to the rigours of England, but if we’ve learned anything from Guardiola, it is that sacrificing your principles is not even countenanced. You do that and you may as well admit you have failed.

I tend not to read/ watch the media on other teams, only us, and only watch other games (sound off) to form my opinion, so I can assure you I’m not believing anyone’s agenda.

Chelsea have scored less than any other club in the top six.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

Hence the reason they brought in Higuain, a player familiar with what Sarriball requires, yet he has managed 3 league goals since arriving, and those came against two soon-to-be relegated teams: Huddersfield and Fulham.

Think that's because he is a fat fucker, who's only there to get paid.

Think that's because he is a fat fucker, who's only there to get paid.
anigif_sub-buzz-9058-1496795462-1.gif

Oh, you cynic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.