United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with that. The 'form out of the window' stuff I doubt it is true. I imagine it has the same effect as any bad team beating a good team, whether that is City V Spurs or City V United
Indeed, unlike the fans, the derby is just another game to most players these days.

I don't think they looked poor tbh. I think they were lucky to advance against PSG but this was as good a level as they could produce. Moreover, for me, they now resemble more a typical United side under Ole than they did earlier in the season under Mou. Has to be remembered that Ole inherited a squad that he later said needed to be rebuilt. In that sense, United as an organization are quite a joke - still in a rebuilding mode years later after how much they have already spent. Says a lot about both Mou & the lack of a sporting direction in the absence of a sporting director

McTominay was the standout performer across both legs for United and considering he is an academy player, that is an important distinction in light of all the purchases they need to make. You look across to Ajax who United were lucky to beat in the Europa Final IMHO who have made enormous improvements at a fraction of the investments their English counterparts have had and you realize it is not simply about how much money you put into squad. As Cruyff says, never seen a bag of money win football matches

They are not top 4, United, and even when they finished 2nd 2 seasons ago I have felt they were at best a top 6 side - that still remains the case. To make that jump up, they don't have far to go and this coming week will reveal how far that gap remains. I think they remain 2-3 seasons from top 4
Of course Ole is saying it needs to be rebuilt as that covers his arse when he doesn't do very well,every manager has said that since the pisscan left,it's an excuse,pep rebuilt us in one season then cracked on,no matter who they buy it get's them no nearer to the title,they are not going to improve by putting a rookie manager in there who won't even park in his parking space because it used to be the pisscans spot

Of course Ole is saying it needs to be rebuilt as that covers his arse when he doesn't do very well,every manager has said that since the pisscan left,it's an excuse,pep rebuilt us in one season then cracked on,no matter who they buy it get's them no nearer to the title,they are not going to improve by putting a rookie manager in there who won't even park in his parking space because it used to be the pisscans spot

Perspective. Had Pep inherited what Ole did, he too would likely make changes. I actually think Ole is looking like a decent hire so far, they look like a United team to me even if they are still on the outside looking into the Top 4...for now.

Perspective. Had Pep inherited what Ole did, he too would likely make changes. I actually think Ole is looking like a decent hire so far, they look like a United team to me even if they are still on the outside looking into the Top 4...for now.
Piss take right?

Piss take right?

Not at all, for me, this is the best United have looked post Fergie. Not an outstanding achievement considering the past 6 years of generally mediocre standards and carousel of odd appointments at manager. Ole has them looking & talking like a United side, that has to be given some credit.

Still, the gap to the top 2 is large enough that it won't be closed in the next 2 or 3 seasons, at the earliest

I have come to not mind the rags this year, me and my rag mates have actually got on and I can understand why they hate Liverpool more.

Can someone give me a slap?

Pitying them works best. They don't know how to deal with it. Shake your head sadly, sigh and say how you just don't know where it's all gone wrong for them...

They have just given the old crappy players new contracts,pep got rid of all ours aside from our great players,if they were serious about a rebuild then do just that,they have 2x 100m quid players in the team and play like a team at the middle of the league at best

Not at all, for me, this is the best United have looked post Fergie. Not an outstanding achievement considering the past 6 years of generally mediocre standards and carousel of odd appointments at manager. Ole has them looking & talking like a United side, that has to be given some credit.

Still, the gap to the top 2 is large enough that it won't be closed in the next 2 or 3 seasons, at the earliest
Have you seen their recent results? i know you have to be careful straddling 2 teams forums but come on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.