Var debate 2019/20

For me it’s not about the decision tonight it was probably the right call. It’s more that I think VAR spells the end of any true aguero or dickov celebration moments. I went bananas running around my living room for two minutes to find it’s ruled out. Spontaneity will go from football. Goals will be greeted with a muted applause whilst we wait to see if it’s really a goal. I know we previously had offside but that was fairly quick and easy to spot. I’m really disillusioned with football today and it’s not just coz we lost although that’s also a big part

When Sterling scored, I'd say it was on par with the Aguero moment in the stadium in terms of celebrating. People going absolutely mental. That will be a thing of the past before long if they continue to use VAR to review goals.

No, it is not. VAR on their goal was really not something easy to decide and if I'd be neutral, I'd say it's probably a good goal. Specially with the angle Cekir had. On the second goal it helped team to not get out of CL from a goal that was clearly offside.

We suffered from it tonight but it's a good thing for football. We'll get more good than bad things from it surely as we've never really been the favorites of refs.

If we’re really desperate to get every decision right why don’t we leave the result til the following day, and a team of “experts” can analyse tiny decision overnight and tell us the score and who got booked. Let’s truly get rid of all the spontaneity none of this half hearted stuff

When Sterling scored, I'd say it was on par with the Aguero moment in the stadium in terms of celebrating. People going absolutely mental. That will be a thing of the past before long if they continue to use VAR to review goals.

It's bit of shit that part, I agree, but it's better than to lose championships and stuff because of bad ref's decision.

Even my 77 year old mother who knows nothing about football and does not support City saw it on the news and immediately called it as handball. VAR and UEFA can fuck off.

It's part of the evolution of the game. Right or wrong, it'll never be the same again.
I'm glad that I've been lucky enough to have witnessed it, at its crudest and possibly purest.
Having said that, video didn't kill the radio star, after all.

The biggest issue with var, like tonight, is watching it in TV as i had to tonight, the tv cameras show it at multiple angles instantly.

The tv cameras show the ref watching tv screen that shows it from one angle ( but that angle also shows signs of the arm being hit by the ball)

The ref from what i remember wasnt even sure when he finished watching it

Thats the issue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.