Var debate 2019/20

If we had VAR last season there is every chance we would have won the Champs league , just a shame they didnt delay it until next season , becasue without it , we would have won Champs league this season , ever get the feeling its just not meant to be :(

Genuinely believe if VAR weren't involved, Sterling's goal would have been awarded, and certainly it'd be wrong.

Can't fault the lads for the effort tonight, but the away goal really came back to bite us in the ass.

Everton fan here, VAR has called some brilliant decisions but its also called some incorrect ones.

VAR itself isnt the problem, the fact that its still down to the inconsistency of the decision making from officials. We have seen decisions given in one game while similar decisions have been ruled out in another - that needs to be sorted and there needs to be clear rules across the board.

The Llorente one tonight hit his hand. The TV replays show the handball at the time from the view behind the goal, yet when we watched the ref look at the VAR review, you can blatantly see him only viewing the one angle.

images

Correct call or not, it totally takes the emotion out of scoring a goal. I'll never celebrate a goal like Sterling's again if it's brought over here.
only this^^^,,everyone in the ground celebrated,sterling was sliding around on the pitch,its going to end up like in America where a guy will come over the loud speaker to announce its ok you can celebrate

I'm not a fan of VAR and as tonight shows it won't settle many arguments

For me I'd have been fuming if the handball goal had been ruled out for us. I'm not sure about the offside TBH - I'm not convinced it was offside the moment the ball was touched and technology/frame rates on videos have to be perfect to give marginal calls like that.

For me it’s not about the decision tonight it was probably the right call. It’s more that I think VAR spells the end of any true aguero or dickov celebration moments. I went bananas running around my living room for two minutes to find it’s ruled out. Spontaneity will go from football. Goals will be greeted with a muted applause whilst we wait to see if it’s really a goal. I know we previously had offside but that was fairly quick and easy to spot. I’m really disillusioned with football today and it’s not just coz we lost although that’s also a big part

VAR absolutely not to blame. It feels shit atm because we would have benefited from it last year and it's fucked us this year. Even so, we missed a penalty and defended poorly tonight. Well done Spurs, now let's fuckin win the treble.

Fixed it for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.