Var debate 2019/20

Imagine the Aguerrroooo moment with VAR. Everyone would be waiting 2 minutes after the goal to see if there'd been a foul or offside in the buildup. I thought I'd be a fan of it but goals shouldn't be reviewed, no way.

D4YrlcUUcAApsr5

Add the fact that the picture off Aguero is taken too early

VAR is good. Over the long term it will benefit clubs like ours especially in the PL. But its clear that will rule our tight margin offside goals out for us too.Have no problem with that.

For anyone who doesnt think that is handball I suggest a search on twitter, it's as clear as daylight, he has jumped towards the ball, and his first touch is with his arm, it's an appalling decision

The picture off Aguero in offside position is 100% taken too early. Even VAR can fuck us over

I've always thought VAR is a joke for tight off-sides because the officials just seem to be using standard 25 frame per second video. Both footballs & players can travel a fair bit of distance in 1/25 of a second, and you can't guarantee the freeze frame used is the precise moment the ball was struck. It just isn't exact enough to allow you to be certain unless it's a genuinely clear error - which of course is what VAR is SUPPOSED solely to be used for, but very rarely is.

At half time they showed a VAR from the Liverpool game which was the most ludicrous yet - from the angle they used, the ball was completely obscured behind another player, yet somehow they decided they could pinpoint the exact moment the ball was struck, and from that were able to draw on lines showing a Porto player's arse supposedly playing the Liverpool player on.

The offside was the correct decision for me.

However, Llorente's goal shouldn't have been given. If we're seeing penalties given for the ball hitting Otamendi and Rose over the last few weeks, regardless of whether arms were being moved out of the way or stationary, it shouldn't have been given. They were even saying that on BBC R5L.

Congratulations to Tottenham, and good luck for the rest of the competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.