Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Talk Bollox was saying the other day that the stats for scoring directly from corners was like 1 in 100 which surprised me a bit but guess that depends on having a lot of 6ft+ players through the team which clearly we don’t , so our stats are probably lower then the 100 + average they mentioned ( which is not checked so could be total bollox anyway )
I’m surprised that somebody as revolutionary as pep hasn’t come up with some other options of corner kicks that doesn’t eventually end with the ball being lumped I’m the box being from direct corner or short corner.
Not a criticism but if anybody can change the norm then I’d guess pep could come up with something

I think corner practice is bottom of peps to do list. I’m more concerned at how shocking we are at taking them than defending them. Agree our players are small yet we still try and lump it in the box that’s if we beat the first man. I’d rather we had a shot from corners

Another point, which haven't been raised yet; the corner kick, which led to the corner kick which led to the handball, should've been a goal kick. Ball hits Son's knee.
Correct, not sure how officials missed this

We scored 5 at home vs Monaco. We scored 4 tonight. We score 4 last year at home vs Pool. Yet we lost all 3 ties due to horrible defensive mistakes this isnt a one off this is something Pep cannot fix even with hundreds of millions spent on the defence.

5-3 vs Monaco, lost the tie on away goals. 4-3 vs Spurs lost in on away goals. 4-3 vs Liverpool. Why the hell we need to concede 3 goals at home 3 years running?

Expected to maul them tonight as well.
Our defending and goalkeeping is still our achilles heel. We can absolutely batter a team and still ship goals from every effort on target.
That's not going to change much over the next few weeks.

Spurs won’t get up for the Sat game now. That was a cup final for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.