Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Can see this having a longer term effect on things as it's known that we have a decent number of fans who already have distaste for CL, and believe in conspiracy's against us and this just fuels that further.

In order to keep top players you need to be seen as one who gets CL, not any domestic treble. They don't give a care about that.

We have some players already looking to possibly go in Leroy and Gundo and I think this might settle it for at least Leroy, even if he doesn't track back enough.

Pep's approach leaves us vulnerable here at this level as teams get better because they know what he wants to do, and just wait for their chances on the counter where the talent is good enough and we seem to have mentality problems.

I think some of that comes from the changes to the back 4 that are constant. Yes, injuries are partially to blame, but our 2 centre halves change all of the time. Are there any top clubs or even good clubs that do so as frequently? Our depth there, as well as the injury records of Kompany and lately Stones, plus concerns about Nico leaving combined with Vinny's age, needs for Pep's system, his emphasis on a happy dressing room and a possible transfer ban lead him to possibly let such a rotation go on.

Kev, Raz and Bernardo were immense, but it wasn't enough.

3 goals at home is a sad thing to ignore over very borderline VAR decisions had they gone either way. Both went against us, but I don't think it was a conspiracy.

Extremely gutted. our best chance to win the CL down the drain. Real Madrid will spend big, Bayern already spunked €80m on defender. Its only going to be harder. Our window was to win it now.

Hard to describe the emotions. VAR is an emotion killer either way it seems
Every single goal I am half celebrating and half watching the replay just in case.

When that replay popped up I was devastated. The handball would have been tough to overrule, I haven’t seen anything conclusive either way.

In the end we have given absolutely everything but mistakes in both legs have beaten us.

The behi
Totally agree. There was one replay angle (not the one the ref looked at, obviously) that showed very clearly that the ball changed direction twice - first when it hit what can only have been his elbow, at which point the ball headed straight downwards, and then it changed direction again when it hit his thigh.

Yep, the behind goal one spelled it out to the world. Cruel and so very unfair.

Big effort required by Pep to pick up the boys for Saturday... currently taking comfort that we can still win the league. Everything needs to be thrown at the next two games. Absolutely everything...

Sane needs to start surely???

Don't bet on it. Mahrez will probably start ahead of him.

Our defending was poor tonight The third was criminal and really kills me to say it but Spanish Dave has offered precious little all season and went AWOL Tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.