Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

VAR doesn’t exist and we’re all in here with our cocks out proclaiming ourselves the greatest team ever.

Instead we’re out and a lot of people’s heads have suddenly gone.

Thought we were absolutely immense as an attacking force. We played some extremely high level football at the highest level of the game.

We were much the better team.

Thought the players gave everything they had.

Thought Pep’s plan was spot on.

Thought the crowd were colossal.

I’m extremely proud of the club tonight.

Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be.

My sentiments exactly.... we were fantastic. Just cheated. That is all.

Can't expect to win big games with dreadful defending, Ederson was badly at fault over both legs, pitiful attempt to save Son's goal in the 1st leg, pitiful attempt for his 1st this evening again and flapped at the corner that led to their 3rd goal. Plus, f@ck knows what he was doing when the corner came in. Great at passing, unfortunately shit at shot saving.
Not sure how we have managed to lose to Spurs over the 2 games, well actually I do....poor team choice in the 1st leg, missed chances, playing a bellend like Delph....and dollops of rank bad luck.
Had the misfortune to have to watch it on BT Sports and their entirely neutral line up. Should be ashamed of themselves.
Oh, and David Silva was crap again tonight and that one is on Pep as well....
Heroic effort from the team upfront and in midfield, the chaps at the back were not so good.
Brilliant from the fans in the stadium

Lets just be honest UEFA never wanted City to go through, the cartel supporters have done their job in the press making City the bad guys, so all these decisions that have cost us the past two seasons get forgotten about quickly because who cares if City got robbed... but the world of football was crying for Salah wasn't it?

Blame Pep if you want but be very careful what you wish for because he is the best chance we've ever had of winning it. Even with the refs giving us no close calls when it really matters in the latter stages. They gift us a few calls in the group stages and give the gullibles something to counter with, to say they aren't really taking every opportunity to stop us progressing on and off the field.

Last edited:
I hate to be the one to say it but in hindsight the VAR decision was correct by the letter of the law, there is little doubt that the ball hit his arm but it was down by is side and as such in a normal position as indicated in the latest rule changes. As such it is irrelevent but frustrating for us to take.

Oh well it must be just our fucking luck, considering that next year that law changes and if the ball hits any part of the arm a goal is disallowed - just been said on the american tv channel

This is on Pep as far as I'm concerned. Yes Laporte had a mare in the first half but we should never have been in this position. Setting up as we did last week and bringing Sane on on 89 minutes when we were 1-0 down and knowing if Spurs scored at our place we'd need at least 3?

Sorry but that's just inviting disaster and is shit tactics. Sorry Pep but it is.

And if Sergio scores the pen it was brilliant tactics.

Big effort required by Pep to pick up the boys for Saturday... currently taking comfort that we can still win the league. Everything needs to be thrown at the next two games. Absolutely everything...

Sane needs to start surely???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.