Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Good evening all, Leeds fan in genuine peace.

Just wanted to say that your team are phenomenal and that they and Guardiola have changed a lot about football in this country. Been watching you guys (tv) for several years now and have found myself literally out of my chair punching the air at times. Think it was it this season that you had a move with like a million passes and finally scored from it. I actually stood up shaking my head clapping at the tv! just wonderful to watch.

I hope you get over your disappointment re: Spurs but I still very much hope that you do the treble. City are a wonderful team to watch and I've been watching football a long time now (started supporting Leeds in '70) but I don't think I've seen a better team than yours when the team is "clicking" if that makes sense.

Talking of the treble we've both come back from a long way adrift. Not so long ago we both had spells in the (old) 3rd division. Ha! our idea of the treble would be to not lose three games in a row! :)

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season

Burley for one was adamant that had the ref seen the view from behind the goal he would have chalked off the Llorente goal!! Same as me. Had I been reffing and seen it all I would have been over and given the line the mother of all fuckin' bollockings for not flagging the offside that led to Corner I. In that way you avoid the contention of a handball goal being given erroneously!!
Thanks

Exactly, we could have won, we didn’t, we now need to concentrate on the domestic treble and we go again next season. Young or old our players will be better for the experience, not worst.
We would learn from a defeat to Barca, but not to a significantly inferior team like Spurs -despite them having a group of bona fide quality players.

Last edited:
Think the one positive that has come from this is seeing the reaction of so many rags. Although at first I was annoyed by all the gloating this morning I find it funny now. They have become so shit and irrelevant that the only joy they get is from seeing us lose...all of this 24 hours after they went out themselves. The world famous man united. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Only just finished watching the match without knowing the score. Gutted. The guys seemed to give everything but how on earth can we win if we concede three goals at home?

Good evening all, Leeds fan in genuine peace.

Just wanted to say that your team are phenomenal and that they and Guardiola have changed a lot about football in this country. Been watching you guys (tv) for several years now and have found myself literally out of my chair punching the air at times. Think it was it this season that you had a move with like a million passes and finally scored from it. I actually stood up shaking my head clapping at the tv! just wonderful to watch.

I hope you get over your disappointment re: Spurs but I still very much hope that you do the treble. City are a wonderful team to watch and I've been watching football a long time now (started supporting Leeds in '70) but I don't think I've seen a better team than yours when the team is "clicking" if that makes sense.

Talking of the treble we've both come back from a long way adrift. Not so long ago we both had spells in the (old) 3rd division. Ha! our idea of the treble would be to not lose three games in a row! :)

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season
Cheers

Calling @jimharri

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.