Spurs (H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It s the best title race since the last minute Aguero goal , whatever happens it would have been an incredible year of football.

We are still in it mainly because we ve shown an amazing level of maturity & resilience, truth also has to be said we had a big big chunck of luck including keepers howlers ( Everton, Tottenham, Crystal palace, Fulham), as well as referee decisions going our way( offside calls, penalties not given to opposition) , plus a few worldies ( Sturrdige & Salah vs Chelsea) , it just shows how incredible you performed this season because it took a great team defensive performances plus mostly everything going our way just to keep the pace with you.
Liverpool have been outstanding this season and Pep never misses a moment to remind people of this.

City get a hostile media so it's not easy for City fans to give credit to our rivals but most City fans will readily admit that Liverpool are worthy adversaries. I think City have been consistently brilliant over two seasons which is very difficult. In previous seasons, one team could do it for a season, then they fell away massively but not this season. In most seasons City or Liverpool would be Champions elect by now. One of us is going to be very unfortunate. Liverpool have the easier fixtures, but City have control. I would take our position but there is a significant chance we slip up at home to Spurs tomorrow or at Man Utd. Doesn't pay though to look too far ahead. I keep saying that but then doing the exact opposite.

PEP We spoke yesterday and we spoke to each other and congratulated each other for the way we played and trained together.

PEP We will see today how people recover and how they are physically and mentally. I’ll decided tonight/tomorrow morning in terms of selection.

PEP If you believe it doesn't hurt, I say no. I don't want players to forget what we left on Wednesday, we are human beings. We take time and what we leave last Wednesday in terms of emotion, we are lucky to live it with 65,000 people in the stadium

"What we lived, with the emotion, was incredible, we were lucky to live it. It will always remain in our hearts, it was incredible how well we played.".

PEP He (@Azinchenko17) made part of the training, yes.

PEP I think both teams are going to attack. Good set pieces etc, we are going to attack again - its not easy as they're a top team but we will try!

Pep Guardiola: When asked by a journalist if Ajax have a chance of winning the Champions League, Pep Guardiola joked: “They have more chance to win the Champions League than City.”

Pep sounds like he is on form. I hope he spoke a lot with his players. It is best to get these things out in the open and remind them of all the great things they have done and can still do

PEP I think both teams are going to attack. Good set pieces etc, we are going to attack again - its not easy as they're a top team but we will try!

Pep Guardiola: When asked by a journalist if Ajax have a chance of winning the Champions League, Pep Guardiola joked: “They have more chance to win the Champions League than City.”

Jesus, could end up 4 - 5 or 8 - 7 then!!!

At £50m fucking pounds it’s the very very least one would expect.
Dont get me wrong, I think hes been rank so far for the mostpart. Where he used to be direct and get at full backs, he actually just slows it down these days and you have to feel for Kyle Walker making run after run on the outside, only for Mahrez to step over and go backwards instead of slipping the ball through. The penalty miss at Anfield completely changed the course of the season in my opinion but players miss penalties unfortunately.

Have to give him a chance though and next year with a full pre season etc with the squad he could be a completely different player.

Starting to feel much more positive about tomorrow, I think if we can start with a high tempo and get an early goal we could cruise. The Spurs full backs are there to be got at, glaring weaknesses in my opinion if Pep sacrifices Mendy and plays Sane (I dont think he wants them playing together) we could get real joy. Keep Son/Erikssen under wraps and they really dont have anything else at the moment. City 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.