Spurs (H) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we're going to batter them 4-0, which only makes CL result more painful. We never have problems dispatching this bunch in the league.

Are you playing 3 at the back?

Team for me would be Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Ferna, KDB, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero, Sane....

I'd bring Vinnie/Merlin back in for the Rags game. Merlin, Jesus, Gundo, Mahrez all great options from the bench tomorrow. I think if Trippier plays we have to get Sane against, he has looked piss poor at times this season and Leroy would frighten the life out of him.

I dont know what the story is with Pep/Leroy but I fear losing him if he doesnt get a few "bigger" games under his belt.
No I’d bench Bernardo for the derby.
Ederson Walker stones Laporte mendy sane sterling gundogan fernadinho KDB Aguero

Woulent let him near the starting 11. One slip up and the title is over. Play your strongest team for the remaining games.
Sane to come in for David Silva (Bernardo in midfield)
Stones to come in for Kompany
Ferny to come in for Gundogan

Playing your strongest doesn't necessarily mean success as Wed proved with Laporte

I don’t think he’s being targeted for any failure pal, purely a failure on his part to be seen to give his all in the games he takes part in. He’s always going to be behind Bernardo due to his work rate and skill level.
Mahrez has got PL experience and is not a mug. It looks like he can’t be arsed every time he loses the ball and consistently makes the wrong choices in the ball, he slows our game down and is too predictable. Throwing himself to the ground and chucking his arms in the air every time he loses the ball is like watching the diving Egyptian.
When he arrived I expected him to step up his game, however, it appears he’s happy to carry on coasting.
I don’t know the answer to his problem, but if he doesn’t up his game, I can see him being moved on, which would be a shame as he was bought probably because Pep saw something in him that he could develop but it’s not appeared.

If he was half as bad as you are portraying and simply wanting to coast, he wouldn't be a) playing for us and b) selected to play - either you are over-egging your perception because you dont like him, or the club, having scouted him for some time, believe in him. Wonder who is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.