Game of Thrones (season 8)

Just a thought but will the Night King actually be at the battle next week? Although mentioned, he wasn't actually in the trailer for next week was he.

Well he wasn't seen at the end and at the end of S7 after melting the wall he flew off, so maybe he is off on a jolly somewhere else, leave winterfell to the others

The pacing here is not great i must admit. They should have extended episode 1 an extra 20 minutes to get what took all of episode 2 to say, which was not much. that is why so many feel this episode is a bit of a bore, it advances nothing really. In TV and film every single scene should do something to help the plot in either storyline or character development. Books can get away with meandering off on a tangent but film and tv can't really, it has to be laser focused.

I get it, the last gathering of people who are likely going to die next week. The pacing taking the whole episode though dragged on to be honest.

I have also readt that fans theory but

how long dead do you have to be to be re-animated? Shirley bar ricon every other stark is either skeleton or dust and most wights still have some sinews keepimg the bones together. Also it will be spinking a lot of the cgi budget having skeletons added rather than actors turnes into zombies
Hence why I think it's the tunnels.

There's only one thing that's certain. Saying "The Crypt is the safest place" 54 times means that people are going to die in there

The pacing here is not great i must admit. They should have extended episode 1 an extra 20 minutes to get what took all of episode 2 to say, which was not much. that is why so many feel this episode is a bit of a bore, it advances nothing really. In TV and film every single scene should do something to help the plot in either storyline or character development. Books can get away with meandering off on a tangent but film and tv can't really, it has to be laser focused.

I get it, the last gathering of people who are likely going to die next week. The pacing taking the whole episode though dragged on to be honest.
Maybe. But the point was to continue to re-enfoce that everyone, absolutely everyone, was on the same side. Then right at the end, the two biggest allies get this HUGE rift between them.

I think this will be a very good episode to rewatch once the series is over.

In TV and film every single scene should do something to help the plot in either storyline or character development.
Surprised you didn't stop watching during seasons 2, 3 & 5 in that case.

Spot on. I found it boring. Not because there were no battle scenes, just because it was boring.

Spot on. I found it boring. Not because there were no battle scenes, just because it was boring.
For me, as I have said elsewhere, it was not boring, just... “off”.

I know many will disagree, but the quality of the writing seems to have really fallen for this final season, likely partially due to not having the completed books as source material/tone guidance. Many of the characters seem to have become just caricatures of themselves. There were several times, for instance, when I laughed after Tyrion spoke and what he said wasn’t meant to be funny (
especially in the fireplace scene
).

Hence why I think it's the tunnels.

There's only one thing that's certain. Saying "The Crypt is the safest place" 54 times means that people are going to die in there

I read somewhere that’s their escape passage from Winterfell after they lose the first battle

By the way, using the usual drama deathlist rules, all those who have made plans for the future or suddenly had something good happen to them in this episode are definitely for the chop, right?
Yep. Plus a few so we can't work it out, but I think they'll do it over the next two episodes.
Grey Worm
Melisandre
Danaerys
Sansa
Tyrion
Mormont
Theon
Beric
Samwell
Gendry
Brann

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.