Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early goal and fucking dominate them, they have 2 big fuck off strikers we can't be giving away shitty free kicks. And Ederson needs to make sure if he comes out for corners he wins the thing no flapping thinking he is the priest from Mean Machine.

Foden shouldn't be anywhere near this game.

It's going to be too physical for a young player and they would thrive in snide elbows and pushes etc.

Pep's done well to introduce Foden mainly at home.

It's a game for our experienced heads again.

3 at the back would be a good shout if Mendy was fit and we had 7 days to drill it.

I think it will be as you were.

Phil Foden has already played in two 5-0 wins against Burnley, as well as 2 wins against Cardiff, Newport and Rotherham, not to mention Spurs, the most physical of the top 6 and looked fantastic every time.

Where has the idea he can't play against old school cloggers come from? If anything, Pep has been putting him in against the physical sides.

Just win the game lads
Fairly certain this will be the tactical plan announced by Pep and the coaching staff at the customary pre-match video review meeting with the players.

He will likely also add these specific instructions he got off Danny Murphy at a sport science clinic he recently attended:

Leave a boot in every now and then; let ‘em know you’re there!

Phil Foden has already played in two 5-0 wins against Burnley, as well as 2 wins against Cardiff, Newport and Rotherham, not to mention Spurs, the most physical of the top 6 and looked fantastic every time.

Where has the idea he can't play against old school cloggers come from? If anything, Pep has been putting him in against the physical sides.

C'mon...for the most part they've been in cup games or at home. Cardiff and Spurs are good shouts in fairness, but Burnley away and in form when the stakes are so high is not the game to test him yet.

Pep's handling him brilliantly for me.

I'm worried about this game. Dyche f*cking hates us, and would absolutely love to see us fail to win the league.

I expect the usual disparity in officiating, and a barage of unpunished "welcome to the game" tackles within the first minute or so from them. And you just wait until one of our lightweights goes in hard and fair against their biggest defender. The card will be out before the player hits the deck.

I still think we'll win, but I worry about how many fit players we'll have left at the end of the 90.

The only difference being that Burnley are now safe, minds turning to the beach and have no reason to scrap like dogs
Yeah Europe almost cost them that this season, and they started the season badly. I do think many players there have contracts to play for and will want to up the Lancashire derby aspect of the game a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.