Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly time for a random lottery for aways....sorry.
You may have started going 30 years ago but love city no less/ or more than say a 18 year old fan!
If it was totally random and all you had to do was registered interest to be in draw how could anyone complain it's not fair......

I am sorry mate , but I disagree. We have all been 18 at some point, we have all had to start from scratch. The problem isn’t really with the system, it’s with the abuse of the system.

I am sorry mate , but I disagree. We have all been 18 at some point, we have all had to start from scratch. The problem isn’t really with the system, it’s with the abuse of the system.
Totally respect your opinion but vice versa I totally. Totally disagree with you.
How can anyone claim to have a problem with a system that would give EVERY City fan regardless of age , financial state, ethnicity, gender or any other factor a EQUAL chance of a ticket?

Ho, that's right it doesn't suit YOU !

Totally respect your opinion but vice versa I totally. Totally disagree with you.
How can anyone claim to have a problem with a system that would give EVERY City fan regardless of age , financial state, ethnicity, gender or any other factor a EQUAL chance of a ticket?

Ho, that's right it doesn't suit YOU !

I may agree with you if we were starting a system from scratch, but we are not. People have built their points up for years, done without to afford it, missed family occasions and arranged their lives around it. Then after years of getting to a level where you can expect a ticket for most games you have the rug tugged away. You think that would be fair ?

On a side note when did the points system start ? I have had a season ticket for for around forty years but cannot remember when the point system came in .

When I started from scratch I wasn’t 23000 points behind the people at the front. I was at scratch with everyone else.

Anyone starting from scratch now will take them more years to get to 10000 points than it did for me to get to 10000 points because they won’t be able to go to as many games as I could at the same stage. By that time they will be even further behind the people at the front than they were when they were at scratch.

It’d take someone about 250 years to catch up to be able to go to every game if they started from scratch now even if they were in a position where they could go to every game because of age/finances/family responsibilities/hunger and they are no less deserving of being able to do what I’ve done over the last 19 years of the Loyalty Points system, just because I happen to have started from scratch at a better time than someone doing so now.

I think our away support has become a boring stale old-boys club who often bring no atmosphere to away games. We had a better away atmosphere before they Loyalty Points system came in. We always have better atmospheres away from home when it goes down to low points or open sale or when we used to get full away ends when bigger away ends were available like Blackburn or Bolton. Because it’s not the same old same old who are deep down fed up of bouncing around and making a racket.

Just because I have a healthy number of Loyalty Points doesn’t mean I think the system is what should remain just because it suits me and I’ve “put the years in”. Putting the years in means precisely nothing. My support for City doesn’t mean any more than an 18 year old who’s just starting out buying his own tickets away from his Dad now, he’s just like I was when I was 18 and should have the same opportunity to watch City as I did from that age, not be limited because people like me have put the years in.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don’t understand is the age of away fans. I’m in my 50’s and if it were on points I would expect to seem mainly my age group and older, but most are kids. While I don’t begrudge anyone getting a ticket, they can’t all be using grandads points can they.

When I started from scratch I wasn’t 23000 points behind the people at the front. I was at scratch with everyone else.

Anyone starting from scratch now will take them more years to get to 10000 points than it did for me to get to 10000 points because they won’t be able to go to as many games as I could at the same stage. By that time they will be even further behind the people at the front than they were when they were at scratch.

It’d take someone about 250 years to catch up to be able to go to every game if they started from scratch now even if they were in a position where they could go to every game because of age/finances/family responsibilities/hunger and they are no less deserving of being able to do what I’ve done over the last 19 years of the Loyalty Points system, just because I happen to have started from scratch at a better time than someone doing so now.

I think our away support has become a boring stale old-boys club who often bring no atmosphere to away games. We had a better away atmosphere before they Loyalty Points system came in. We always have better atmospheres away from home when it goes down to low points or open sale or when we used to get full away ends when bigger away ends were available like Blackburn or Bolton. Because it’s not the same old same old who are deep down fed up of bouncing around and making a racket.

Just because I have a healthy number of Loyalty Points doesn’t mean I think the system is what should remain just because it suits me and I’ve “put the years in”. Putting the years in means precisely nothing. My support for City doesn’t mean any more than an 18 year old who’s just starting out buying his own tickets away from his Dad now, he’s just like I was when I was 18 and should have the same opportunity to watch City as I did from that age, not be limited because people like me have put the years in.

I think it goes to show you will never please everybody with any system. Your point about atmosphere though I am not sure I agree with. I am 48 and and I sing as loud as anyone. The system we have is far from perfect but I believe that loyalty and longevity deserve reward. The abuse of the system should be looked at before we rip the thing apart.

I may agree with you if we were starting a system from scratch, but we are not. People have built their points up for years, done without to afford it, missed family occasions and arranged their lives around it. Then after years of getting to a level where you can expect a ticket for most games you have the rug tugged away. You think that would be fair ?
Yes I do EVERY city
I think ALL city fans should have exactly the same chance of a ticket.......there is no such thing as a special or super fan!
If 5000 of us would like to go to Brighton then we ALL want to go with the same level of desire. What happened twenty or thirty year ago is irrelevant!
That is the argument WE level at Liverpool isn't it? All the history bull......it is today that matters.
The game itself fights for equality? Why do we love football? Because on the pitch we are all the same?
Your argument says but in the stands we not all the same.....some of us are special cos we went to York away!
Equality,transparency and that solves it . To argue different makes you look a little foolish.

The voice of reason.......SIR . Articulate.common sense and unselfish. Not usual for this forum but you have the values that ALL city fans should aspire too. I bow and shuffle away......

the loyalty system is as much aboit the stars lining up in your life at the start of it .as loyalty.
we were in the wrong place when it started and are now locked out .
we now have to adapt to what we have got and luck and bloody hard work you
can always find a way to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.