Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I answered your post because you said only two games went to general sale, when it was actually 14, so I was pointing out you were wrong.

You then said you couldn’t get to games with your number of points.
Again this doesn’t tarry with the hard facts, there were a further six games that sold out on or about your points.

Hence 20 away games, regardless of your opinion of the points system, have been available for you to buy, 21 if you include the FA Cup Final. That’s a fact and that’s what my post is about, so nice deflection.

Years for having a seasoncard? I’d happily accept that.
Next season will be my 51st season of having one, although chances are it won’t be.

Instead the club are more likely to distribute ticket points on the amount of money you spend at the club. A pound a point
So a box holder might get 40,000 points added, Tunnel Club 15,000 points, SS3 regular 350 points added.

Fair enough, I will admit my 16500 may have been off my mistake.

I don't normally bother with loyalty point debates as I have an issue swith the platinum system and what it did to distort the whole system, as for me it isn't as easy as to say well pay the extra or stop moaning as some have said,plenty of long time blues have lost jobs, retired, had money worries and platinum was £50+ that isn't a priorty over other things.
I was platinum for the extra points, but stopped after a year as I felt it unfair on others.

Just think if you have done the years and the miles by going away regulary bith should be rewarded.

The £30 cap also changed the playing field as some people on high point unwilling to pay £45+ started going again but I fully support it and would not call that a negative.

Used to go a lot more, think I've done 4 aways this season as money and time have been tight. As a poster above quite rightly stated, well over 1/3 of away games this year have gone right down to general sale, so no idea how people can point the finger at the system, if they didn't attend those games and try and climb the ladder.

My old man is the same, has always refused to pay for platinum, has never been on any of the cup schemes, never goes away games or any home cup or European games. Then moans about Supporters Clubs and corporate when he can't get a ticket for big away games or the cheaper seats at the FA Cup Final.

I do agree though that corporate tickets need to be diminished, and the allocation for normal fans increased. I'm just gonna make the games I can, work my arse off until I can afford corporate at home, and have the money to get my hands on corporate away tickets or from touts. There's always ways around things.

Fair enough, I will admit my 16500 may have been off my mistake.

I don't normally bother with loyalty point debates as I have an issue swith the platinum system and what it did to distort the whole system, as for me it isn't as easy as to say well pay the extra or stop moaning as some have said,plenty of long time blues have lost jobs, retired, had money worries and platinum was £50+ that isn't a priorty over other things.
I was platinum for the extra points, but stopped after a year as I felt it unfair on others.

Just think if you have done the years and the miles by going away regulary bith should be rewarded.

The £30 cap also changed the playing field as some people on high point unwilling to pay £45+ started going again but I fully support it and would not call that a negative.
I agree that Platinum is a disgrace.
I have it, I’m lucky I had a good job and could afford but fully aware others can’t. My daughter and a mate came off it last year as money is tight.

My bug bear is the way the tickets allocated has moved from the regular seasoncard holder to those who are prepared to shake money at it and the protected cartel.

I agree that Platinum is a disgrace.
I have it, I’m lucky I had a good job and could afford but fully aware others can’t. My daughter and a mate came off it last year as money is tight.

My bug bear is the way the tickets allocated has moved from the regular seasoncard holder to those who are prepared to shake money at it and the protected cartel.

Oh I agree on that.

2 at most and normally because of the shite KO time or day.

I have one mate who is on 1870 and has been to nearly all aways every year, this year he has fallen short 6 times, I am on just under 16500 and normaly manage to get a few in, not happened this year, and have rellied on mates points and spares.

For me the system is bollocks and believed that when I had no issues getting tickets.

I will admit I have swered euro aways this year for financial reasons and was only gonna do 10 aways at most in the league for same reasons, bit the games I earmarked to go I had not problem the last few seasons.

I’m pretty much the same level as you mate. I don’t think the system is bollocks though, it’s just being manipulated so that it’s very difficult for the likes of me and you to break into the bracket which enables us to get a ticket for the more popular games. In its current state we could do all the palaces, Southamptons, and midweek games we can and it’d still make no difference when it came to the more popular games.

Unless the system was policed. If it was made more difficult to buy and pass on tickets then we’d stand a better chance. But that then becomes proper blues being targeted when it’s very clear that the bigger evil in all of this is the corporates creaming off tickets to the popular games.

I also don’t think that anybody should be expected to do every game in order to get a ticket for a more popular one. A blue that does what he or she can is just as big a blue as one that does them all. A small section going to ballot for the more popular games gives everybody the chance of going without disrupting the 20k point plus supporters.

That’s my view anyway.

if the distortion of the allocation was discussed at City Matters why, given the fact that the club ignored opinion, is it still called City Matters as it’s obvious that it doesn’t matter
From my understanding of the earlier posts in this and the City Matters forum thread, that the allocation of tickets to corporate, Supporters Clubs and the Club were not up for discussion at any time.
The two things raised were:
  1. An allocation for 18-25 year olds because they are an under represented group at seasoncard level
  2. Having more tickets go to people on lower points.

Although there’s absolutely no evidence that either:
  1. 18-25 year olds don’t buy season cards because they can’t get away tickets. It could be that the seasoncards are too expensive for that demographic so why not lower the cost for everyone under the age of 25.
  2. Away tickets aren’t available to people on lower points. The facts state that 15 games this season will have gone to at least General Sale and that a further six games sold out below 17,000 points.
Neither evidence or facts are something the forum seems to want to deal with and, instead, use myths, rumours and individual anecdotes to twist and frame the agenda for the both the club and individuals involved.

From my understanding of the earlier posts in this and the City Matters forum thread, that the allocation of tickets to corporate, Supporters Clubs and the Club were not up for discussion at any time.
  1. An allocation for 18-25 year olds because they are an under represented group at seasoncard level

1. 18-25 year olds don’t buy season cards because they can’t get away tickets. It could be that the seasoncards are too expensive for that demographic so why not lower the cost for everyone under the age of 25.
  2. Away tickets aren’t available to people on lower points. The facts state that 15 games this season will have gone to at least General Sale and that a further six games sold out below 17,000 points.
Neither evidence or facts are something the forum seems to want to deal with and, instead, use myths, rumours and individual anecdotes to twist and frame the agenda for the both the club and individuals involved.
It's the biggest pisstake ever that potentially someone with only one year being a seasoncard holder at the age of 20, could get a derby ticket over my mates lad aged 27 with a shit load of points, why 18-25?

I mean who's even fuckin agreeing to this shit?

Very difficult to argue against what you’re saying to be fair. A bit of transparency from the club for the more popular fixtures could provide some useful info for supporters that are paying for platinum season tickets though.

I don’t believe that doing the 15 games that went on general sale will help you catch up and get a ticket for the more popular fixtures, mainly due to an increased demand from those that have a few extra quid. If the club were more transparent and truthful as to how many of an allocation go where then it’d help many season card holders decide whether paying £50 extra is worth it.

I’ve probably not needed to be platinum for any of the away games I’ve actually qualified for this season or even last season. I did however miss out on Schalke by a measly 100 points or summat though so maybe I am catching but just not noticing.

Good points raised though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.