Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

When I’ve got time I’ll post picture’s of the inside of the away end at Spurs new stadium. Seriously, it pisses all over the Etihad. The finishing is absolutely superb in every aspect. It looks like a Hotel or Airport terminal inside. Yes, it cost a billion pound, but boy, you can see where the money was spent.

When I’ve got time I’ll post picture’s of the inside of the away end at Spurs new stadium. Seriously, it pisses all over the Etihad. The finishing is absolutely superb in every aspect. It looks like a Hotel or Airport terminal inside. Yes, it cost a billion pound, but boy, you can see where the money was spent.

They have tiled walls, they also have their own micro brewery and a lovely glass facade. Great. I don't really crave a tiled wall at a football stadium when I go to the loo, it's just not that important. Spurs have taken on a large amount of debt for this, so it remains to be seen what happens to them over the next few seasons. Still nowhere near winning a trophy.

The inside of our new South Stand is really basic isn’t it? It’s been one of the things that always made me wonder if they didn’t bother because they think we’ll be playing in a new stadium 10 years or so from now.

They have tiled walls, they also have their own micro brewery and a lovely glass facade. Great. I don't really crave a tiled wall at a football stadium when I go to the loo, it's just not that important. Spurs have taken on a large amount of debt for this, so it remains to be seen what happens to them over the next few seasons. Still nowhere near winning a trophy.

No, it’s not just about a tiled wall.

It’s the space on the concourse, the catering facilities, the service, the amount of catering staff, the speed of service, the toilet facilities, etc.

If you didn’t go to Spurs away in the CL, you will see what I mean in my picture’s.

It's not a great stadium. Due to the initial brief and the state City were in it at the time it was built to cost with no expansion envisaged. As an icon shape it is a fantastic design but that limits the expansion and the reason that the southside expansion cost nearly as much as the initial stadium cost. The SS expansion is awkward, look at he the shape of the roof and the corners where it joins the existing roof. The catering facilities are limited which is crucial for monetizing the hospitality. Need a new state of the art stadium to replace the CoMS buildt it on the north car park With respect to the contribution £4M to the council this can't go on forever as the cost of the stadium will surely be close to having been paid off, so any purchase costs, which would go to Sport England, will be minimum anyhow?

I disagree. Interior wise our stadium is superior to so many in the premier league and I include the rags and dippers in that. Spurs have a fantastic new facility completed in 2019, so you'd expect anything they have to be far superior to anything that exists today. Our stadium is probably a 15-20 year project in the making. The owners no doubt have a vision of what they'd like it to look like in the future but anything we do to it in the coming years will be based on the need to increase capacity. They will of course continue to improve and upgrade facilities interior-wise as they have done for the last 10 years. I'm sure the logistics of upgrading what we have versus starting over are far easier and less costly in the long term.

The inside of our new South Stand is really basic isn’t it? It’s been one of the things that always made me wonder if they didn’t bother because they think we’ll be playing in a new stadium 10 years or so from now.

Yes. Even to this day, the finish and snagging is dreadful, and hasn’t been sorted out.

Worsley brought it up after the SS was expanded. He said it was a basically rush job.

I’ve seen it for myself when doing the displays with 1894.

It’s the space in the concourse, the catering facilities, the service, the amount of catering staff, the speed of service, the toilet facilities, etc.

If you didn’t go to Spurs away in the CL, you will see what I mean in my picture’s.

Again though whilst theirs is superior, which I've no doubt, our concourses are quite good. The club could improve facilities and I'm sure they will look at all options. Do you believe they'll consider a total new build though? Seems so extreme to me.

In an ideal world where money is no object.

City should build a new purpose built state of the art football stadium on the back car parks.

And they should make the Etihad into an indoor arena, with a new fully covered roof.

City would then have a state of the art football stadium with a 60,000-70,000 capacity, and an indoor arena that holds 55,000. They should build the leisure destination around those 2 stadiums.

Again though whilst theirs is superior, which I've no doubt, our concourses are quite good. The club could improve facilities and I'm sure they will look at all options. Do you believe they'll consider a total new build though? Seems so extreme to me.

Agreed. Some of our concourses are good. Other concourses have been made smaller to improve corporate facilities. They are now cramped and offer poor room and catering facilities.

No. We have an agreement with the city council to lease the stadium for 250 years. Apparently we can buy the stadium if we want to, so there is no need to build a new stadium.

It’s the space on the concourse, the catering facilities, the service, the amount of catering staff, the speed of service, the toilet facilities, etc.

Agree with everything except the space on the concourse. It was really cramped in the 30 mins before kick off and at half time. Our bottom tier has much more space, but theirs was really disappointing in comparison to say Arsenal or Wembley..

The number of catering staff and therefore speed of service was excellent though.

Running out of beer at halftime in a stadium that cost £1bn and has its own brewery is frankly unacceptable though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.