Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Agree with everything except the space on the concourse. It was really cramped in the 30 mins before kick off and at half time. Our bottom tier has much more space, but theirs was really disappointing in comparison to say Arsenal or Wembley..

The number of catering staff and therefore speed of service was excellent though.

Running out of beer at halftime in a stadium that cost £1bn and has its own brewery is frankly unacceptable though!

TBH I was in my seat at that time, so fair enough.

I’ll post the picture’s tonight, so people who never went can see what the away end is like.

I disagree. Interior wise our stadium is superior to so many in the premier league and I include the rags and dippers in that. Spurs have a fantastic new facility completed in 2019, so you'd expect anything they have to be far superior to anything that exists today. Our stadium is probably a 15-20 year project in the making. The owners no doubt have a vision of what they'd like it to look like in the future but anything we do to it in the coming years will be based on the need to increase capacity. They will of course continue to improve and upgrade facilities interior-wise as they have done for the last 10 years. I'm sure the logistics of upgrading what we have versus starting over are far easier and less costly in the long term.

I was comparing to Spurs and only the average fans areas not the corporate which is actually top class. A lot easier to build a new stadium than turn CoMS into a building site and I repeat the roof design is very much a major issue to an extension

Yes a new roof but how would it be supported? Taking the old one down would be a nightmare, I doubt it could be done in a month and half and then suffer a considerable time roofless It would be easier quicker to build new if, a capacity or much more than circa 65K was required
Like the South stand I suspect.

The internals of spurs stadium supersedes the Etihad by some way. Although the 1 Bil figure is ludicrous no doubt
Maybe, but I just travel through the concourse. When I am sat in my seat and looking expectantly at the stands and at the pitch before KO I am still well impressed with our ground, and some aspects of the stadium bowl (with the exception of the single tiered end) look to this layman quite similar to the Spurs stadium.

I always thought it would be a good look to get the panels round the stadium like the Allianz. You can see the Etihad as you come into Manchester on the train etc and it would look smart with it lit up at night for a evening game or CL (boo!)

Like the South stand I suspect.

Nothing like. The new SS was built behind, above the two tiers and around the current cablenet system with minimum disruption to the existing structure. Look at the three tier stands, the height and the spirals to work around, which the cablenet system is anchored to. I very much doubt we will see a fourth tier and with safe standing then it probably won't be necessary anyhow

Nothing like. The new SS was built behind, above the two tiers and around the current cablenet system with minimum disruption to the existing structure. Look at the three tier stands, the height and the spirals to work around, which the cablenet system is anchored to. I very much doubt we will see a fourth tier and with safe standing then it probably won't be necessary anyhow
From what's been said by those that know better than me when all 4 sides are done the cable net can be removed, don't think a 4th tier has been suggested it seemed to be bringing the sides up to the level of the 2 ends on the images that have been posted.

From what's been said by those that know better than me when all 4 sides are done the cable net can be removed, don't think a 4th tier has been suggested it seemed to be bringing the sides up to the level of the 2 ends on the images that have been posted.

The cable net allows us to continue to play at the stadium whilst work goes on so it is a huge benefit. Would it be better to start from scratch and build a new ground? Yes. But think about having to move again. Maine Road was special and our stadium was quality at first. Football stadia have progressed rapidly and the game has moved on a lot in recent years. But we have great memories and have had great games at our ground and to leave it again would be a pain even if it was right next to where we are.

It's just a case of cosmetics. Change the roof for acoustic purposes, get some cladding around the outside and lights and it will look incredible. If we have an ability to expand towards 80k where we are, without needing to close sections of the ground or relocating then that is what should happen.

Get the North Stand done and go from there. Expanding the side stands with a huge third tier (and it would be huge) would be amazing.

The cable net allows us to continue to play at the stadium whilst work goes on so it is a huge benefit. Would it be better to start from scratch and build a new ground? Yes. But think about having to move again. Maine Road was special and our stadium was quality at first. Football stadia have progressed rapidly and the game has moved on a lot in recent years. But we have great memories and have had great games at our ground and to leave it again would be a pain even if it was right next to where we are.

It's just a case of cosmetics. Change the roof for acoustic purposes, get some cladding around the outside and lights and it will look incredible. If we have an ability to expand towards 80k where we are, without needing to close sections of the ground or relocating then that is what should happen.

Get the North Stand done and go from there. Expanding the side stands with a huge third tier (and it would be huge) would be amazing.

This is what is going to happen, I am sure of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.