Brighton (a) pre-match thread

Brighton (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Oliver announced as the ref

Interesting article on referee bias at: https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/04/lizards-lacertae-liverpool-thread.html?m=1
It mentions
"...Without referee bias, City would have sealed the title at Old Trafford.."

"...Massive insider positions exist on Liverpool stealing the league..." "A lot rides on their (Oliver and Tierney's) 'performance'

"...Michael Oliver has the most explaining to do as his input is biased to statistically significant levels across the systemic corruptions outlined above..."

Brighton have no real pace, which causes them massive problems when parking the bus, even though it's their default tactic. I was at their game when Bournemouth tonked them 5-0 and they were awful, so can't see them being much of a threat, especially if we keep the ball on the ground.

The only thing that will stop us winning is if we get nervy. Hoping for an early goal!

He played on the left and off another striker at Palmeiras.
He did, but he also played as lone striker for them, and hasn’t been put on the left or off the striker for us consistently, so I am still trying to decide if that is the role that most effectively makes use of his substantial talent. I am leaning toward “yes, it is”, but will still reserve full judgement until he plays in the role more regularly.

I really hope Pep is going to fucking let them know how important it's going to be to play fast and stop that slow build up play Laporte is having a trade on. We need to score a goal fast and don't give them any momentum to even considering attacking our goal. We really need to win the league. I sincerely hope the players approach this as their champions League final. No bullshitting, no slow build ups, and passing back all the time. Just a storm of pressure, chances, and attacking display.

Interesting article on referee bias at: https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/04/lizards-lacertae-liverpool-thread.html?m=1
It mentions
"...Without referee bias, City would have sealed the title at Old Trafford.."

"...Massive insider positions exist on Liverpool stealing the league..." "A lot rides on their (Oliver and Tierney's) 'performance'

"...Michael Oliver has the most explaining to do as his input is biased to statistically significant levels across the systemic corruptions outlined above..."
Said for a long time the game is corrupt - too much money for it not to be. However if we keep scoring enough goals and having control of the ball it shouldn't affect the outcome of the game. I do worry about Oliver though as he knows the spotlight is on this game as we are expected to win. Seen that Brighton are 14-1 to beat us, odds that could earn someone a lot of money if they could help to fix the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.